Chapter 2 8 years later

Under the embrace of the summer sun, its warmth painted the courtyard in a golden hue. Jaxon, now 9 years old, reveled in laughter and playful moments, his ball bouncing in rhythmic joy. The air was alive with the carefree spirit of childhood, as if the past mysteries had been swept away by the rejuvenating touch of time.

The reconstructed house stood, a symbol of resilience, casting shadows that whispered tales of rebuilding and renewal. Each stone seemed to carry the weight of hope, and as Jaxon's laughter echoed, there was a palpable ambiance of healing-a testament to the strength found in the midst of adversity.

Eve, standing at the doorway, watched her son with eyes filled with love. He had grown remarkably, his astonishing health defying any rational explanation. She couldn't recall a single instance when he had been sick or injured, as if a mysterious force were watching over him. In the play of sunlight, there lingered a sense of awe, as if Jaxon were touched by an unseen hand, weaving a tale of resilience and enigma.

Yet, beneath this veneer of normalcy, the ominous echoes of a shadowy past and lingering threats persisted, poised to surface and defy the illusion of tranquility. Jaxon's life remained entwined with mysteries, and each day carried the foreboding promise of unsettling adventures and extraordinary discoveries, casting an unsettling atmosphere over the seemingly calm existence.

Parked a few houses away, Patrick sat in his car, a silent guardian keeping a watchful eye on the house, a routine he'd faithfully followed for the past 8 years. Soon, the time would come to approach Eve and discuss the choice of a school for Jaxon, as his powers became more conspicuous. An unseen bond had woven itself between Patrick and this family, his affection for them growing from a distance. The mere thought of finally meeting them in person stirred intense emotions, sending palpitations through his heart, a mix of anticipation, anxiety, and a love that had silently thrived over the years.

However, he was abruptly yanked from his thoughts by a vivid jolt in his sixth sense. He scrutinized the surroundings and spotted two men dressed in black behind the house, exuding an imminent threat. A simmering anger surged within him. Stepping out of the car, he headed towards the back of the house, just as one of the men vanished on the other side.
The air thickened with tension, and Patrick's protective instincts flared as he braced himself for the confrontation that loomed ahead.

Patrick reached the first man with an almost supernatural strength and speed. With a firm grip, he took the man's head in his massive hands, producing a sinister crack as the skull broke. The man crumpled to the ground like a ragdoll. Patrick hissed through his teeth, determined to protect this family, "Not today, you won't harm this family." The air hung heavy with Patrick's resolute defense, a guardian standing tall against the encroaching threat.

In front of the house, the atmosphere tightened, the afternoon hush shattered by the ominous metallic click of the weapon aimed at Jaxon. The masked man, an embodiment of threat, fixed his gaze on the child, ready to unleash a calamitous destiny. Suddenly, like a protective lightning bolt, Patrick, the imposing paramedic, emerged from the shadows. His massive silhouette stood as a bulwark between Jaxon and the impending danger, casting a reassurance that cut through the charged air. Time seemed to stretch, each second elongating the palpable tension, as if the very surroundings held their breath, anticipating the outcome of this chilling encounter.

In a movement of almost supernatural fluidity, Patrick seized the man-a clash of brute force against calculated threat. His clenched fist gripped the intruder's throat, lifting his body into the air. The tension reached its zenith as the now-vulnerable man struggled within Patrick's unyielding grasp, caught in the relentless vice of Patrick's strength. The air thickened with the struggle, a visceral confrontation between protector and assailant, each movement echoing the gravity of the moment.