Chapter 9 ~ Love

"Look, Klaus told me what happened yesterday." Diego sat beside her on her bed as she still laid on her side with her head on her pillow, knees to her stomach.

"Klaus wouldn't even remember what happened." Violet couldn't fully remember herself.

"Klaus dragging you to a rave aside, I'm talking about why he took you there. About what happened before." He put his hand gently on her ankle but she kicked it away. Keeping her hands tucked under her head and looked the other way.

"Come on, Violet. Those bruises on your
forehead weren't there the last time I saw." Diego leaned over her to move her hair out of her face, showing her light bruising.

"This will never work if we don't talk to each other."

"What's not going to work?" She asked, remembering the words that had rang through her head.

"Us, Violet."

"What about us?"

"Come on Violet, what we did yesterday had to have meant something." Diego reached again for her shoulder, slowly pushing her until she was on her back and looking him dead in the eye.

"Did it?" She shrugged with a slight petty pout in her bottom lip.

In any other circumstance Diego would've found it cute.

"Of course it did, Violet." His voice was soft. Honest.

"Come on Diego, it was the same thing we've done over and over again as kids."

"Over and over again is a bit of a push." He shrugged but Violet just let out a groan.

"See! This is what I mean! Nothing has changed!" Violet sprang up to be at his eye level.

"W - what do - " Diego was sure what she meant.

"It's just another loop of the circle, we disagree and fight with each other until we let out our pent up energy in the bed, followed by you leaving!" Violet yelled, ignoring the increasing headache.

"Violet!" Diego stopped her, his voice strong yet hurt. "I would never leave you again, we talked about this. What I did was a mistake."

He's lying.

Her voice started again in her head and Violets eyes widened.

"No, no!" Violet moved her hands to her hair, a force of habit.

"Violet I promise," Diego moved closer to her, and his eyes took note of her change of mood.

When has he ever kept a promise?

"Go away!" Violet spoke to herself, but Diego didn't know it.

"I'm trying to - just let me explain." He tried to grab her hands that clawed at her hair.

"Make it stop."

Diego noticed the tears running down her cheeks and he knew something was wrong.

"What's going on with you lately?" He asked gently.

"It doesn't go away." Her voice was shaky. "I just want it to go away."

"Tell me what's wrong, I want to help you." Diego leaned in close, his hands pulling hers away from her head and holding them tenderly.

"Dad was right, Diego." She whimpered slightly, her head feeling like it was splitting in two. "I'm crazy."

"The voices." Diego whispered in realisation.

"I need to go back to the Hospital." Violet practically threw herself into his chest, holding her arms around him.

"The hospital?" Diego held her so gently, she felt like a child, she felt comforted.