Chapter 7 ~ Confessions

"Diego." Luther knocked on his bedroom door the next morning. "Diego, you in there?" He knocked again. "We need to talk."

Diego groaned slightly, waking up from his deep sleep, the best sleep he'd had in a long time.

However, when he moved, he found that he was not the only one asleep in his old, single bed.

"Diego?" Luther gave up calling and cracked open the door to peak in.

"Oh good, you're her - is that Violet?" Luther whispered and pointed to her, who was still snoring softly.

"Yeah, I got her back." He whispered back, still in a confused, sleepy state.

"Great." Luther smiled, seeing his sister sleeping softly.

"What do you want, Luther?" Diego whispered harshly, trying his hardest not to wake her up.

"Oh, right, family meeting." He pointed in the general direction of the living room. "I'll leave you two to it." He gave Diego a slight wink before ducking back out of his room.

Once he was alone in the silence again, Diego looked down to study Violet who had curled up next to him with her back pressed against his front.

Diego gently moved his arm and brushed her long, dark hair away from her face.

Then he saw the long pink scar the ran around her face.

It reminded him of the one he had.

The one that ran in a straight line in his hair, just above his ear.

The one he gotten the day he tried to save Violet from the mirror room but only succeeded in getting her sent away to a mental hospital for months.

He blamed himself for that whole ordeal.

Diego decided to not wake her up and leave her to get some rest, but Violet's stealth powers had stopped him from noticing the way she had already started to stir awake.

He slipped out of the bed, grabbed his coat, and reached for the doorknob.

"Diego?" Violet's small voice croaked when she saw his dark shadow.

"Luther called a family meeting," Diego replied, matching her quiet tone. "Go back to sleep V, I'll fill you in." He told her and left to not let her protest.

Couldn't go back to sleep if I wanted to

Violet thought as she had already started to get a throb in her bullet wound.

She groaned to herself as she sat up and placed her feet on the ground, wiggling her toes in Diego's black socks he had provided her with, before fully standing up.

Violet was about to follow after him, but her eye caught the blanket that was hung up over the mirror.

Without thinking too much about it, Violet reached out and pulled it down, revealing her own reflection.

Violet was a total mess.

Her hair was knotted in every direction.

She desperately needed a shower.

Her eyes were red, lined with purple circles.

Then there was that nasty curved slash next to her eye.

Violet really didn't want her family to see her like this. A total mess. So vulnerable. So weak.

But for some reason, when she was with Diego last night, she didn't mind feeling that way.

Not getting shot and slashed obviously, but just to the extent where she wanted Diego, and to the extent where he wanted to help her.

Violet took a deep breath in, and then a deep breath out before making her way out of the house.