▪︎Promise ~Finnick Odair

.
.
.

“Finnick!” You scream, running through the compound. The thunder from outside ringing in your ears. You had been afraid of thunder ever since the games, when the cannons went off, it changed. Every loud noise sounds like those explosions to you. You thought about every dead tribute every time thunder boomed through the compound. “Hey, hey hey.” He whispers as you come up to his room. “Come on, you can stay here for the night.” He says softly, opening his arms in hopes you will walk into them.

Just as he expected, you went straight into his embrace. Clinging onto his shirt. He was protecting, you know. He was there.
You just held onto him from dear life as you were afraid. All the memories of the games flashing in your brain. The thunder just making it worsen. Every loud noise cause you to tense up

“Shhh, it’s okay, my love,” he whispers in your ear. Hearing the words, you clinged onto him tighter than ever. He holds you tightly in his arms, not wanting to let you go even for a minute. He could feel your body tremble as you held onto him, so he rubbed your back and kissed her head, trying to calm you down. Finnick whispers the same phrase over and over again, “You're safe, you’re safe, you’re safe.”

The worst part was that you knew you were safe. You knew he would protect you from any harms way. But you just felt helpless when I came to certain things. you just couldn't stop the tears from falling

"I know..." You quietly mumbled as you buried your head against his chest as your grip tightened around him. You kept trying to reassure yourself that you were actually safe.

Feeling the world disappear around him, all he could see was you clinging onto him, tears streaming down your face. He ran his hand through your hair, as he always did when you were crying. Finnick held you close, kissing her forehead. Feeling her tears soak into his shirt, every one of her tears filled his eyes with water, yet nothing came out. He loved you so much that it hurt. He ever wants to let go.

"Please don't leave..." You softly wishpered, picking your head up to look him in his eyes. You didn't want him to leave. He left once cause of the reaping. It was the scarist day of your life as you say the person you lived at 14 fught his way to victory. Then you both were put in the games together, which changed everything.

But there was one thing that scared you more than anything. That was losing him.

"Please..” She repeated.

“I’m not leaving you again, I’m never leaving you again.” Finnick promises you. You were the most important thing to him. His heart ached thinking about the idea of losing you. He was not going to leave you, he couldn’t leave you. The thought of leaving you made him sick to the stomach

You took his word. You knew he would never keep a promise he couldn't fulfill. You both laid in his bed cuddled up. Neither of you let go of each other embrace. You needed him as he needed you. Finnick looked at Kinsley's face, he could look at it forever. She was precious to him. The love he had for her was more than any amount he had for anyone or anything else. He ran his hand along her hair, his eyes taking in every inch of her face. After a while, you both fell asleep next to eachoter.

But little did they know that his promise would be broken in the future…as he said once before... He would rather die than leave you.

.

.

.

That ending made a turn, I'm sure.

But let's all pertend he's fine and kept the promise.