¤ Nightmares ~ Peeta Mellark

.
.
.
It was cold as you ran through the dark cold forest frantically trying to find him. By him, you meant your boyfriend, you both were separated after getting attacked, both of you running your own way as a way to escape. After a while, you noticed how long it was taking for peeta to return to camp. So you started to panic as anyone would do in the games.

"Peeta!”  You yelled out after a while of searching. Seconds felt like minutes and minutes felt like hours. Yet no sign of him. None. You were starting to get even more worried as you started to think the worse.

“Peeta! Answer me, please!” Just when you stopped yelling as a slight noise echoing through the dark forests trees. And if it was like your instincts kicked in as you ran towards the sound.

You were met with a horrific sight.

Peeta was laying on the ground covered in his own blood. Wounds all over his body the most concerning one being across his chest. You stopped in your tracks as the world itself paused. Before, it all faded to black as people surrounded you.

“No…”

.

You woke up screaming as cold sweat dripped down your forehead. Your body jolting up as you sat on her bed breathing frantically, gripping the covers of the blankets.

Peeta rushes into your room when he hears you scream with a worried look on his face he immediately asks if you was ok as He walked into the room, stopping at the end of the bed looking over at you with concern.

“It was just a dream… I’m sorry”, you say, your heart racing and your breathing erratic. Peeta fell silent for a bit as he closed his eyes calming letting a sigh of relief out. He had thought you got hurt or something worse. Of coursee a nightmare wasn't good but he was glad it wasn't anything worse

“It’s okay. I get them too…”, Peeta says softly, his eyes still looking at you with concern. He studies the terrified expression that was on your face carefully. Peeta soon turn around to leave as he thinks it waas best to leave you alone. He whispers a soft, “Goodnight.” Before he even started walking he was stopped by you.

“Wait!”

“Will you stay with me…?” Your voice is shaking and your eyes dart around the room anxiously, hoping that he won’t leave you alone to deal with your fears.

"You don't have to..." you quickly added. You didn't want to make him feel like he was forced to stay. But you kinda hopped he would stay.

Peeta pauses as you quickly say he doesn’t have to stay. He smiles and turns back to you. His eyes meeting yours. He was kinda happy that you had mentioned that.

“I know I don’t have to, but I want to.” He gives you a small smile. You moved over a bit as peeta then got into bed with. He pulled you beside him and strokes your hair. His voice is calming and soothing.

“Just try to relax and get some sleep. It was just a dream, and everything is alright now.” You just melted into his touch as he embraced you. You tried closing your eyes, but the image kept repeating even in the dark. You opened up your eyes after a while, catching him looking at you.

"Sorry..” You apologize softly. You felt bad to drag him through your problems. You knew he would do absolutely anything for you, but it always made you feel guilty as if you didn't deserve it. Peeta’s eyes meet yours as he sees your tired and sad expression.

“It’s okay.. don’t be sorry. It’s not your fault.”He whispers to you as he wraps his arms around you, pulling you close to him. He whispers to you again, “I’m here with you, right here. Go back to sleep..  I’m not going anywhere.” He smiled gently, wrapping his arms around you wasit. Your head on resting on his chest as it rises and falls as he breathed.

It took a while, but you were first to fall asleep. You felt safe with him. It was like he had some kind of magic touch that made you feel all better. Peeta watched you, his eyes barely even open as he was tired, but he refused to go to sleep until you were. He wanted to protect you from all harms way.

He kisses your forehead lightly as he snuggles into your grasp, finally falling asleep.

You found him. And he was alive right there with you…

.

.

.

AAAA, MY FIRST EVER ONE IS DONE.
I REAALY HOPE THIS WAS WRITTEN CORRECTLY.
I HAD SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH THIS AND IT SHOWS.