Settling Down

The next day, it was a Tuesday, and at lunch, everyone met back up at the two tables they joined together. The sixth graders had gotten there first, and they all sat down.

"So, girls, how was the fight yesterday?" Darla asked. She sat in between Tanya and Bubbles.

"I wanna know about this mysterious green haired girl." Robyn added. She sat in between Cory and Bubbles.

"I didn't see a lot of it, 'cause SOMEONE wouldn't let me and Rose check it out!" Cory said teasingly, referring to Bubbles.

"Oh, I was only protecting you two!" Bubbles replied defensively.

"She's just teasing you, Bubs," Buttercup told her. "But the fight? It was CRAZY! That girl had way more powers than me and my sisters combined! It took a while, but we defeated her thanks to Kurumi and her weird rose powers."

"You guys will never believe it!" Bubbles continued. "The girl's name is Brook, and she was a human that lived in the same house on Earth as Rose and Cory! She found the remote and came here 2 years ago, but she stayed 24 hours too long and got stuck here as a toon forever! And for some reason she's got superpowers!" She spoke very rapidly, and afterwards she was panting. Everyone at the table, besides Buttercup and Cory, stared at her in confusion.

"...Huh." Robyn said.

"I know, it's really weird. And Darlene is strange, too. She knows some stuff. She, like, interviewed Brook after the fight, but we don't know what it was about." Buttercup added.

"So...she's really powerful, huh? Wonder how." Mandy chimed in. "Maybe Grim knows something about it. I know he's got some weird facts about everything around here."

"Who cares about Grim," Gaz spoke up. "We'll just talk to that Darlene girl when she gets here."

"Yeah, I guess that makes more sense." Mandy replied.

A few minutes later the 7th graders arrived. Rose, Margot and Kurumi all walked towards the table while discussing the fight.

"We're talkin' about the fight, too!" Cory said.

"It was weird!" Rose replied as they sat down.

"But I saved the day, of course~" Kurumi smiled proudly while pointing towards herself with her hand.

"And us!" Buttercup said.

"Where's Darlene?" Robyn asked.

On cue, Darlene appeared. She was walking out of the lunch line with another friend of hers. She laughed with them and waved goodbye before heading towards the table.

"Hey everyone! Talking about the fight?"

"Yep, everyone's caught up!" Cory answered.

"A fight already after those two arrived?" Darla said while nodding her head at Rose and Cory.

"Cool." Mandy and Gaz said in unison.

"Well, Cory, I have all the latest details on Brook, and I have some explaining to do myself. First of all, I know you and Rose are from Earth. I know now because once I figured out Brook was from Earth, I was sure you two were, too. Secondly, I took Brook to the city hall because I work there. I've been working there since I was 10. I have the same powers as Brook. They're called cartoon logic. You can do anything with them--think Looney Tunes. I have them since I'm on the city council, but Brook developed hers overtime once she arrived here."

"You work at the city hall?" Tanya asked. 

"Since you were 10?" Bubbles asked.

"You're secretly extremely powerful? That's actually...interesting." Mandy's eyes widened.