Queen Bee/Darla's Struggles

Standing in front of Cory was a redhaired girl. Cory abruptly stopped swinging.

"It's Mindy!" Robyn whispered loudly.

"That's right! Me, Mindy! I'm the Queen Bee of this school, and I make the rules! It's time for you to get used to them, loser!" She grabbed one of the chains on Cory's swing.

Cory began to grow furious and she stood up, though Mindy was taller than her. She glared at Mindy. "It's my first day here at my dream school and I'm not letting that be ruined by you!" She forcibly grabbed Mindy's arm.

"Hey! Let go! I don't want to touch you!" She hissed.

"Then leave me alone!" Cory argued.

"I'm going to tell the recess teacher that you harassed me!"

"So you're going to cry to an adult? That doesn't sound very Queen Bee like."

Mindy's face turned bright red with anger. She growled and jerked her arm away. "This isn't over, newbie! I will get back at you!" She stomped away furiously.  It was like there was a storm cloud hovering over her head.

Robyn and Ester immediately jumped off their swings and ran up to Cory.

"That was so cool!" Robyn cheered.

"Yeah! I've never seen anyone stand up to Mindy before." Ester added.

"How were you not scared at all?" Robyn asked.

Cory had to think of an answer. She couldn't just say that she wasn't phased because Mindy is fictional and she's not. "I just really like this school, and I had fun with you guys today and I didn't want it to end."

Then two unfamiliar girls walked up to Cory. The girl on the left had purple hair, long eyelashes and a gothic outfit. The girl on the right had blonde hair, a black headband, blue eyes, a pink dress and was smirking.

"Anyone who can do that to Mindy is a friend of ours." The blonde said.

Robyn and Ester exchanged glances. "Who are you?" Cory asked.

"Those two girls might be the only ones scarier than Mindy!" Ester whispered to Cory.

"Amanda DeLisle...but you can call me Mandy." Mandy stuck out her arm to shake Cory's hand. Cory shook it nervously. Just making eye contact with Mandy make her tremble with fear.

"Gaz Membrane." The goth girl replied. Cory thought she looked super cool.

"I'm Cory. So...you like me because I stood up to Mindy, who you two don't like?" Cory asked.

"Yep. Mindy should never get her way. It was satisfying to see you scare her off." Mandy responded coolly.

"Maybe you can do the same to Jessica next time." Gaz added.

"Well...if I be friends with you, would you want to be friends with Ester and Robyn here, too?" Cory asked.

"No." Mandy answered. Gaz didn't reply.

"Well then, we can't be friends!" Cory replied.

"That's too bad." Gaz said. She and Mandy walked away.

Meanwhile, the 7th graders were outside. Rose was on the playground with Kurumi and Margot. "I know I said this a bunch of times before, but I can't believe we have a playground here! I haven't been on one since 5th grade." Rose said. Kurumi laughed. Then Rose saw a girl she knew walking around with her friends. It was Darla and the girls from her lunch table.

"There's Darla! I want to go talk to her!" Rose said.

"You won't get scared this time?" Margot asked.