New Lives in the Big City

Rose and Cory's mom immediately ran up to hug them. "Where were you two!? You were gone for hours! I called and called but you never came! I was worried sick!"

"We're sorry, Mom, but we found something incredible." Cory said. She held up the remote.

"Why do you have that? It's not connected to our TV." 

"If you're standing near the remote and someone clicks the on button, you get teleported to a totally different world!" Cory exclaimed. Rose nodded in agreement.

"Oh really? Please throw that away." Mom tried to grab the remote out of Cory's hand, but she quickly moved her arm away.

"No, Mom, just listen! Let's go back right now. Just to show you." She hit the on button and the three were transported back to Miscellanea. They were back where they were when they left, which was Mediapolis school.

Mom froze in shock as she looked at the city around her. "I...I..."

"Welcome to Miscellanea. Well, we're in Mediapolis right now." Said Cory.

"See? It's real, Mom. We can't throw that remote away. We're the only humans on Earth who have it." Rose spoke up.

"Miscellanea? Mediapolis?" Mom wondered.

"Miscellanea is the name of this world. The city is called Mediapolis," Cory explained, "All the fictional characters live here! We saw a movie character earlier who became friends with us."

"And here's the school," Added Rose, "maybe we could go here."

Cory's face lit up with excitement. "Rose, you're a genius! We should go here for school instead of the one in our city! We'll come home every night."

"Go here? Are you girls crazy? Is this even a proper school?" Asked Mom.

"Mhm." Said Rose.

"Yep, Darla told us that she just finished dance practice. They probably have lots of cool clubs!" Added Cory.

Their mom thought for a moment. "Tomorrow, bring me here so I can speak with the principal. Then I'll think about it."

The sisters grinned. "All right!"

-

The next day around noon, Rose, Cory and their mom went back to Mediapolis. They walked up the steps and into the main entrance of the school. The doors were 10 feet tall and 5 feet wide. When they opened the doors, the three of them gasped. This school was HUGE and it was very colorful. Every single item was a different color it seemed like. There were patterns and paintings on the walls, the doors were different colored and the trims of the walls were different too. There were 3 paths. One on the left, the center and the right.

Lazy MS Paint sketch of the layout:

Mom looked to her right. There was a small room near the path.

"That must be the front office." She said. The three of them walked into the office to see a woman at the front desk. Rose recognized her as the principal from Fairly Odd Parents.

"I can't believe this is happening." Rose whispered.

"Hello, welcome to Mediapolis school, what can I do for you today?" Said Mrs. Waxelplax from her desk.

"Hi, I'm looking to enroll my daughters here. Where's the principal?" Mom answered.

Mrs. Waxelplax laughed. "Principal? They never show up here. I've never even met them before. Heck, I don't even know if they're a boy or a girl."

Mom looked around. "There's no principal here?" She laughed.

"There is, but their office isn't located in this school."

"So who do I talk to?"

"Oh, you can talk to me!"

Mom sighed. "Okay...so what is this school like? We just...moved...here. Are there many different classes to choose from? Are there lots of clubs?"

"Yes, of course! Our school is divided into sections. Elementary, middle and high school. So we have many different extracurriculars offered here!"

"Woah." Awed Rose and Cory.

"What grades are you two girls going into?" Mrs. Waxelplax asked.

"7th." Answered Rose, who was 12.

"6th." Answered Cory, who was 11.

"I think the honors classes are suitable for Rose. She was in all of them at her old school." Mom said.

"And I was in honors math!" Cory exclaimed.

"You two girls take these forms and list of classes to choose from. You'll pick the classes you want for the 1st and 2nd semester while I speak to your mom." Mrs. Waxelplax handed the sisters two forms with boxes divided into semesters and a list of classes to share. While they chose their classes, their mom officially enrolled them into the school by signing forms. After choosing their classes, Mrs. Waxelplax made schedules for them. It had their class order, class names, class lengths, room numbers and teachers.

Rose:
Period 1 - Eastern Cultures - 1 Hour
Period 2 - Honors science 7 - 1 Hour
Period 3 - P.E./Health - 50 minutes
Homeroom - 30 minutes
Lunch - 30 minutes
Recess - 30 minutes
Period 4 - Music - 50 minutes
Period 5 - Honors ELA 7 - 1 Hour
Period 6 - Honors math 7 - 1 Hour

Cory:
Period 1 - Life Skills - 50 minutes
Period 2 - P.E./Health - 50 minutes
Period 3 - Honors math 6 - 1 Hour
Homeroom - 30 minutes
Lunch - 30 minutes
Recess - 30 minutes
Period 4 - Science 6 - 1 Hour
Period 5 - Social Studies 6 - 1 Hour
Period 6 - ELA 6 - 1 Hour

"Tomorrow will be your first day. School starts at 8:00 and ends at 3:30. You can take the bus home, be picked up or walk." Said Mrs. Waxelplax.

"We can walk home." Answered Cory.

"The school days here are even longer than our old ones..." Mumbled Rose as she looked at her schedule. "Not P.E...." She sighed and began to grow anxious.

"Instead of going to your first class, come here first thing tomorrow so a student can give you a tour of the junior high section." Mrs. Waxelplax told them.

"Thank you so much." Mom told her.

"You're welcome dear!" 

The mom and her daughters walked out of the school.

"What do we say?" Said Mom.

"Thank you," The sisters replied in monotonous unison.

"Yes! Thank you for putting us in the same school as all our favorite characters!" Cory jumped up and down, then ran down the steps.

"I really hope I can be Darla Dimple--I mean, Temple's--friend." Rose smiled eagerly and followed her sister down the steps. Their mom laughed.

-

Back at the house, Mom had to speak to Rose and Cory.

"Girls, come here." She said. The sisters ran to her in the dining room. She was holding the remote. "We're going to set up some rules with this thing." She lifted up the remote high. "Have this on you at all times in your backpack. Never give it to anyone else. Don't flaunt it. You're going to make sure you get to school on time every morning, because I'm not going with you. You must come home by 5 PM at the latest every day in case you have clubs or want to hang out with friends. Do I make myself clear?"

The sisters nodded.

"Good. Do NOT lose this." Mom replied and handed the remote to Cory. The sisters ran back upstairs to play in their rooms.

That night, Rose and Cory could barely sleep. They were too excited about their first day tomorrow. Rose was a nervous wreck who stayed up late trying to find the perfect outfit to wear, and Cory had too much energy to fall asleep. She jumped on her bed for joy. "I'm going to school with Rainbow Dash!" She said to herself. Eventually she got exhausted and fell asleep. After choosing her outfit, Rose climbed back into bed and eventually fell asleep too.