Going to Gotham

Before the actual chapter, I wanted to clear up some things. The MLB main cast is now 16-17. The month is middle of June as Paris's school starts in September and end in late June/early July, and I had them in classes. I wanted them to be a bit older as there are ships, and I'm not comfortable shipping 13-14 year olds. I hope you understand. If I'm wrong about the Paris schooling, please let me know. I haven't been there, so I Googled it. Also, Damien is 8 when he meets Marinette for the first time. Marinette ends up adopting him before meeting the rest of the bats. I've never been on a plane either. Except once when I was two.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ladybug swung around Paris doing small things like helping cats out of trees, stopping a few muggings, stopping someone from stealing food by paying for them. She was really just doing small things as the sun set along the horizon. She watched it set over the Seine.

She sat watching the stars before Chat Noir landed beside her. "M'lady, this is a new spot." Ladybug smiled at Chat, "I know, but watching the sunset here cleared my mind. I'm just glad no one got akumatized today," She sighed, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"Hey, Chat," Ladybug frowned and looked at her partner. "What's up, Bugaboo?" Chat smiled before frowning at her frown. "I know you like me a lot. But there's a reason why I keep rejecting you. Other than me liking someone else." Ladybug started.

Ladybug sighed, "I see you as a brother. Besides, I don't have any plans on a relationship. Too much heartbreak and emotions. Not while Hawkmoth is active." She looked down at the water.

Chat Noir rubbed her back, "I'm so sorry. I guess I was pushy, huh. I understand. Thanks for letting me down slowly. Come on, let's patrol." Ladybug smiled as Chat pulled her up. Ladybug smirked and swung off, "Catch me if you can, Chaton!" Chat Noir followed her on his baton.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ladybug sat on the top of the Eifel Tower, her laptop in her lap. She was doing her schoolwork even in her transformation. She needed to get an essay done by midnight, and it was currently eleven o'clock at night. She yawned and sipped at the coffee her parents so graciously gave her earlier in a to-go cup that's completely recyclable. Marinette finally typed the last word as her transformation fell.

Marinette looked at Tikki as the miniature Goddess yawned, "I know I'm technically a goddess, but even I need rest, Marinette."

"I know, Tikki. Here," Marinette handed Tikki a macaroon, "I'll get home soon. Oh, also, I bought a ticket to Gotham for tomorrow and an apartment there. That way, they think I actually moved. Well, technically, Lady Luck bought the apartment so she could expand business to the United States. Plus, they were informed that I'd rarely be there. We have nothing to worry about."

Marinette yawned as she submitted her essay and turned off her laptop, "We have to get on that plane at 10 am tomorrow, Tikki. Let's get home and to bed. Spots on!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette woke up at eight o'clock the next morning and immediately drank an entire pot of coffee and packed a bag of stuff she'd need to put in the apartment so it looked like someone at least lived there. She grabbed Kaalki's glasses and matched them to an outfit.

She yawned and grabbed a small black fake leather purse and called Tikki and Kaalki into it. Before running downstairs and hugging her parents, "I'll be back tonight if not sooner!"

Marinette made it to the airport at nine and got in line for the security checks. The agents looked at her, then her passport before moving to check her small bag. Tikki and Kaalki were thankfully in her favorite skirt. It has pockets built in. She made it herself. After checking her bag for fifteen minutes, she's sent through the metal detector. She makes it through the EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) and is immediately called to board the plane in first class.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The plane ride was a long boring eight hours and thirty minutes. Marinette did her classes and sketched most of it. Thankfully, Hawkmoth hadn't sent out an akuma. The plane landed at 12:30 pm in Gotham. Marinette had jetlag and immediately wanted to pass out.