The Reveal to the Parents

"I need to tell my parents first, Tikki. They need to know," Marinette rants to the tiny godess. "Marinette, if that's what you think is best, then you need to tell them," Tikki offers her a small smile. "Yeah, you're right. I'll tell them by Monday. I just need to get through tomorrow and then tell Mr. Damocles that I'm going online till I graduate," Marinette continues her ranting.

"Marinette! Dinner is ready," Her mother yelled for her. "Coming, Maman! Hide Tikki." Marinette walked downstairs the stairs only to be greeted by her father, giving her one of his signature bear hugs. "Papa, let's go eat," Marinette smiled. Tom, Marinette's father, carried her in his hug to the dining area.

"Tom! Marinette doesn't need to be carried!" Sabine chuckled. But there were two akumatizations today, dear," Tom exclaimed, "I must keep our baby safe!"

"Maman, Papa," Marinette started, "Can I switch to online school? I was going to ask M. Damocles tomorrow, but I want permission first. I just feel safer here with all the more active akumatizations." Marinette finished her question with a small rant. She was nervous about their answer.

"Oh, of course, Mari. If that makes you feel safer than of course," Her mother smiled as she cupped her cheek before pulling her into a tight hug. "Besides this was you could graduate sooner and start your fashion career sooner like you want," her father added to her mother's encouragement.

"I'll talk to him tomorrow then! But let's eat before the food gets cold," Marinette runs to her chair, "You made my favorite, Papa!" Tom smiled, "Of course, anything for my dear daughter."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually, dinner ended, and Marinette was back in her room. She was currently sitting at her sewing table sewing an outfit based on her recent sketch. The outfit consisted of a white button-up shirt and a red skirt with black polka-dots. There's also a matching black blazer that is optional on if it's for a formal event or it's cold. As soon as she finished her new outfit, she pulled her sketch of Tony's suit he asked for.

Marinette sighed. She needs to mail it to him by Sunday, and it'd take two days to make without rest. She really wants to get it to him early, so she grabs the vicuna fabric he specifically asked for. Why he wanted the most expensive suit fabric, she didn't know and wasn't going to ask. He is paying her over 20k in the United States currency, so she didn't really care. It's around half the price of the most expensive vicuna suit.

Marinette uses the measurements Tony sent her to carefully cut the fabric before she started to carefully hand sew it. She wanted it to be perfect, so she wanted to hand sew it. Tony totally didn't mention paying her triple if it was hand sewn. He totally didn't.

Before long, it was early morning, and Marinette was only running on caffeine and excitement. She had the suit halfway done. Tikki flew towards her, "You didn't sleep at all, did you?" Marinette scratched back of her neck, "I got into the zone. But we need to get to school so I can speak to M. Damoclès."
~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette made it to the school thirty minutes early. She ran up the stairs before knocking on M. Damoclès office door. "Come in," His voice was heard through the door. Marinette opened the door and stepped in.

"Ah, Marinette. Your parents said you wanted to speak with me. Come sit. If it's about Lila, I deeply apologize, but the school board has my hands tied. If I expell her, we'd have no funding." M. Damoclés sighed.

"It's not about that. I only need a few more credits to graduate. I was wondering if I could start doing school online on Monday. I am having problems controlling my emotions, and I don't want to get akumatized," Marinette ranted.

"Oh, of course! This will work perfectly. If you want, you can start online today. I'll inform Mme Bustier and Mme Mendeleïev later. I hope you do well."

"Thank you so much, monsieur!" Marinette smiled before leaving his office and running home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette sighed. She was going to tell them. "Maman, papa. There's something private I need to tell you," Marinette picked at her nails.

"Ma chérie, what happened? Did you get in trouble? Did you have -" Marinette cut off her mother, "N-no no! I just.. well, first, I'm doing online school now. But more importantly, I'm Ladybug." Marinette mumbled, "Spots on."

Her father stands in shock while her mother gasps, "It all makes sense. Why are you telling us this now?" Marinette, no, Ladybug smiled softly, "I'm going to Ladybug for the majority of the time until I defeat Hawkmoth. I wanted you to know, and maybe cover for me?"

"Of course! We'll cover for you, Marin- Ladybug," Her father smiled, "Just stay safe." Ladybug hugged them both tightly, "Thank you, Maman, Papa."