twenty-five

Sage and Quil stood beside each other as the other boys debated if they could make to Alison's and back before lunch ended. Sage had her arms crossed as she leaned on the cafeteria doorway, her eyes watching the clock.

"Lunch is gonna be over before you guys even think of deciding. Jared, Embry, Jacob, you three go and pick stuff up, get me a milkshake." The three mentioned boys stole the keys from Paul before rushing out the main door. Sage watched them with an amused smirk as Paul wrapped an arm around her leading the rest of the group into the cafeteria. They quickly found their seats and tossed their booksacks down before going grab whatever looks somewhat appetizing.

Once back at the table, Sage moved her food around with a disgusted face, causing Paul and Quil to laugh lightly. "You picked it out, If it doesn't look edible thats on you."

Sage narrowed her eyes at Paul and pushed his shoulder. "School food never looks edible, I should start conning Emily into sending us food every day."

Sage continued pushing the food around her plate, listening as her table mates jumped into their own conversations. When she spotted the three sendoffs rushing in with a bag and drink tray the girl perked up, flashing them an innocent smile as they sat down. She'd decided not to acknowledge Jacob's absence.

"What'd you losers get me?" Embry just rolled his eyes and set Sage's typical order in front of her. "Embry I'm absolutely in love with you."

When the group of teenagers arrived back at Emily's, Alison was sat at a barstool speaking animatedly with the scarred girl. "Alison! my dear favorite mother, how are you today?"

Sage dropped her bag by the door as she spoke, rushing to sit beside the Uley woman. "It's finally a house of Uley's once the morons leave!"

As the woman laughed she pulled the girl into a side hug, and Sage's eyes found the wedding planning things scattered around the counter. "Gross, we're talking about love."

"Sage, you were literally telling me all the things we should have at the reception last night." Sage just shrugged at Emily's words as she flipped through the dress booklet

"Receptions are just parties. I'm a pro at party planning."

"Whatever, help us decide on bridesmaid dresses." Sage gagged before excitedly looking at all the options. After all the girl had to do her maid of honor duties— which deeply involved helping with planning.

"I still think the bridesmaids dresses should be a Sage color."

"Thats because you're egotistical." Emily flashed the younger girl a smile as Sage playfully glared.

"Anyway, its an outdoor wedding so its obviously nature tones, hint Sage green. They also might do good being all flowy and breezy." Alison raised a brow at the girls words, Sage had never been good at visualizing but it seems she'd visualized this idea before.

"Since when do you think about wedding cohesion?" Emily smirked at Paul as Alison spoke cause Sage to toss a fry at her.

"Since Emily decided I have to help. I'm just doing my good sister-in-law duties." Sage nodded firmly at the end of her sentence glancing towards the door as Leah walked in. "Leah, we're doing some planning, wanna help?"

The girl in question glanced between the three girls before forcing a smile and taking a seat beside Sage. The four girls quickly launched into wedding ideas, causing the boys to groan as they moved to the living room, immediately turning on some movie. Sam was apparently on an afternoon run, making Sage want to pull her hair out.

"We should go to the dress store soon, start getting the right idea. Seeing the dresses in person is definitely gonna help." Sage's words came hours after different ideas bouncing between the girls as as Sam walked through the door.

"Hey mom." The older boy smiled at Alison, giving her a hug before walking over to Emily.

"Back off Alison, Sam. She's mine." Sage sent the boy a stern look as she playfully smirked.

"You dont even call her mom back off." Sage let out a dramatic gasp as she held her hand on her heart, leaning into Alison's open arms.

"She still loves me more." Alison rolled her eyes and playfully hit Sage's left shoulder.

"I dont pick favorites." Sam looked at her with a dropped jaw.

"She didn't say anything about favorites." Alison just shrugged as she stood up, grabbing her coat and ignoring Sage and Sam's calls as she walked out the door. As the door closed the two siblings turned to glaring at each other, only to stop when Emily snapped her fingers between them.

"Sam, help me with dinner." Sage smirked as Sam followed behind Emily like an obedient puppy, and grabbed Leah's arm, dragging her to the couch.

"Im officially never getting married." The words left her mouth as she sat beside Paul, sending him a look that dared him to say something. The other boys just laughed as Jared paused the movie.

"Damn, Paul's gonna be a bachelor forever." Embry smirked as Jared spoke immediately launching a response.

"Only a matter of time before she dumps his ass again." Paul flashed the two boys a look as fingers brushed through the girls hair.

"I gotta catch up to the amount of times he dumped me. one more to go!" Pauls face turned to her, a faux betrayed expression present.

"The last time doesn't count."

"It totally counts." Quil raised his hand for the girl to high five which she immediately did with a smirk.

When Jacob walked inside, he was shaking causing everyone to look at him with furrowed brows and Sam tried to calm him. "He's changing her in a few weeks."

That one sentence seemed to change everyone's moods. The other wolves got off the couch and stepped away from the humans as they began speaking over each other asking, no demanding, Jacob to elaborate.

In Sage's mind it was pretty obvious what was happening. Her brows furrowed as she grabbed her phone and rushed up to her room, dialing Charlie's number completely unsure of what she'd say.

When the man finally answered Sage paused, she hadn't actually spoke to him in ages. "Are you really okay with Bella and whats his name."

She heard his exhausted sigh, and she could imagine his contorted face. "No, but shes an adult. Unlike you and Lahote who seemingly live together."

That was enough to make Sage's brain freeze, unsure of how to deny the truth. "So i'm right, Sam's letting you sleep under the same roof as your boyfriend?"

Charlie's voice was drenched in disbelief and protectiveness, Sage wasn't sure what she could say without exposing Paul's actual home life. "Paul's been living with Sam before I even moved here, and that's different."

The line went dead as Charlie hung up on her, causing Sage to stare at her phone in slight shock. Maybe she hadn't actually made the right decision.

WILLOW SPEAKS!!

i've pretty much fully written the eclipse portion of this story, I'm adding in a few bonus chapters then I'm completely done— oh how the time flies. Until its time for breaking dawn

my writing rust is finally starting to flake off though !