Gamechanger

Edgar POV
Colette had been in the hospital for days, unconscious. She was lying on the bed, motionless. Every time I saw the scars lining her body, I felt myself well up in tears.

I just hoped she was alright. When I found that stupid Trix, I would destroy him so hard that he would never see the light of day again. Meanwhile, I needed to make sure that my girlfriend was alright. I opened my wallet and slid a picture out of one pocket. It was a picture of Colette and I at the theme park. I would never forget that beautiful moment in time...

I just really hoped she would wake up. Once she did, I would never leave her side. I would—

"Edgar?"
Fang POV
I felt super nervous. I wondered if the thing I was about to do would tear through our fledgling relationship like an angry lion. But I had to do it.

Janet and I were on a date at Sakura Spike's once again. I had asked the manager to reserve the special VIP room for Janet and I. Now, we were sitting inside it and Janet was pondering actively why I had brought her there. It was not that today was a special occasion, after all.

But what if it was?

I caressed Janet's hand as I told her, "Janet, you and I have come quite far in this relationship. Every minute with you makes me love you more. Every second makes me want to stay with you forever. So, Janet, I only have one question to ask."

I knelt down on one knee and asked, "Will you marry me?"