||Chapter 15||

(A/N: listen to Doria's theme/singing while reading this ;>. Oh and my art is above hehehe)

It was a few days after your little fight with him. You weren't the type of person to hold a grudge against somebody, in fact, you were mostly likely the type to forgive people easily. Unless under certain circumstances. You're a nice person if you say so yourself, but you could become mean if you wanted to.

You and Severus were sat on the upper floor of the library, situated opposite each other at the end of a long wooden table covered in books and parchment. The end-of-term exams were coming up as the winter holidays approached, and although you didn't really care, Severus did. You held no stakes in these exams, whatever result you got ultimately wouldn't matter to you in twenty years' time when you got sent back...given that you won't take even take the exam just as Dumbledore promised.

Though you didn't mind, you were more than happy to be sat there. You just watched as Severus worked, trying to make sense of the dense information held within the thick books. It was odd watching him study. He was smarter than he looked. Being in relative silence, surrounded by books and listening to the occasional dry comments from Severus was almost like being back in the Defence Against the Dark Arts study in detention. You know that you had missed those detentions, but you didn't realise how much until you were this close to the feeling again.

"Oh yeah!" You said out loud, the comfortable quiet was disrupted by the volume of your voice. Receiving various hushes from both the other students inside and the librarian. Severus didn't flinch, he just looked up from his book and gave you a look. "What?" He asked.

"I should photograph this moment." You say with your voice quieter.

"Why?" Severus asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because I felt like I should...?" You say unsure, the way his eyebrows furrowed made you hold in a chuckle. "I just like to photograph things. Why?"

"Nothing. Do your own thing." Severus said confusing you. "I just never heard of anyone wanting to take pictures in the library - it's not necessarily the most eye-catching place."

You shrugged, still unsure why he was being so enigmatic and went to grab your vintage camera. You get ready to snap the picture, pausing for a few seconds before clicking the button. When you look up, Severus is staring at you with an almost displeased expression on his face. "What?" You ask in confusion. Severus shrugs and resumes to read his textbook.

You shake your head and take the picture, looking over it for a few seconds before deciding it has potential. You start to show Severus but he continues to read his textbook as if you didn't exist.

"Your eyes are beautiful." You say out of nowhere, staring at the picture before you move your gaze up to him. As you watched his reaction, you noticed that his eyes grew wide ever slightly. Yet he did no movement to move his gaze from the textbook, his mouth, however, opened and closed as if he wanted to say something but decided against it.

You take the opportunity to stare at him a bit more. He looks like he has gone through some stressful times though his features remain soft. You noticed the growing bags under his eyes and how he seemed to be clenching his jaw while reading. His hands rest on top of the book's cover but even then, you can tell that he was tense and had tightly clenched fists.

"What's wrong?" You ask him cautiously, hoping not to upset him.

"Nothing."

You raised a brow at that, you wanted to ask more but decided against it. You didn't want to pry too much, you knew J didn't like sharing his worries even with you. So instead, you just gave him a nod and went back to the picture you took.