||Chapter 12||

As of now, you ran down the corridor in pursuit of your target, ignoring the questioning stares of your fellow students as you went. "PROFESSORR DUMBLEDOREEE!!!" you screamed through the hallways as you forced your steps to hurry.

The headmaster turned around, face contorting from confusion to a smiling face as he watched you approach him. He was talking to Professor Slughorn while he had been walking and looked completely confused about the distraction. You caught up with the professor, slowing down to a jog as you caught your breath as you reached him.

"What is it, young one? You seemed to be in quite a hurry," he said kindly before chuckling. "How can I be of assistance?" He asked, waiting patiently for your response as you levelled your breathing.

"I-...ha...Is...Is there any...news on when my parents will pick me up?" You stuttered, suddenly feeling embarrassed for seemingly running up to the headmaster like a lost puppy. You, Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall had been using this 'code' to refer to the repair of the time turner since you'd first appeared before them in the study.

The professor stroked his chin thoughtfully before looking back at you, placing a hand on your shoulder. "I'm afraid not, my child. The last owl that I received from them explained that their work was a little more complex than they had first thought and that they would need to extend their time here."

You frown, slightly disappointed. "How long?" you ask, hoping it won't be too long.

"At least another month or so," he replied. "We will do what we can to speed things up but until then you must remain patient. I can assure you (Name) that if there is any news you will be the first to know."

You nodded reluctantly and looked at your shoes, feeling somewhat helpless. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

He shook his head. "Not much, as this is a delicate matter and requires professional help from more experienced wizards. I suggest you use this time to familiarize yourself with the magical arts, as I am sure you are going to need them." He smiled reassuringly and gave you a friendly pat on the shoulder. "I know it's not ideal since you have been here for a while already, but I can promise that it won't be bad."

"Aw...okay." You then watched as his eyes moved to look at something behind you.

"Ah, Severus! What a pleasant surprise! How are you this fine morning?"

You turned around and to your surprise, you saw Severus right behind you.

"Good morning Professor." He nodded his head slightly towards you but did not offer any further greeting or acknowledgement.

"Do not look so down, (Name)." Dumbledore gestured to you and smiled. "I assure you, If there is any news, you'll be the first to know."

You smiled and nodded back. "Okay, Thank you, Professor."

Dumbledore gave you a small pat on the head before walking along. That's when you turned to Severus with your arms crossed. "Wow, no good morning for me?"

"Good morning," he said with a hint of sarcasm. It was the first time you'd ever heard him speak with any sort of emotion and you couldn't help but smile.

"That's better." You said with a smirk. "So, what's up?"

Severus simply stared at you, his expression unreadable. You waited for him to say something but he never did. After a few moments, you decided to break the silence.

"I meant- How are you doing." You deadpanned. Jesus, can't somebody here understand simple slang?

Severus sighed and shook his head lightly. "I'm fine," he finally replied matter-of-factly. "Been busy on one of my projects."