5: The finish line & me.

Maeve's point of view

round one

I hear engines starting. This is it, this is the moment I've been waiting for. Following my dad's footsteps, racing in a Red Bull and then signing for Ferrari. 

Only one thing left on my list... but let's stick to Red Bull first

I see Max's car in front of me. The lights are counting down and...

They're green.

I have an amazing start, my car is really fast, I'm not used to it.

I drive amazingly if I may say so myself.

round eight

I see a red car behind me, I struggle to see the number, I can't see if it's Sainz or Leclerc. 

I'm sure Sienna won't mind if I take the win this week.

I press the pedal with all my power and I feel the G-forces tugging at my back.

The red car is nowhere to be seen.

round twenty

I got overtaken in round 16 by Sir Lewis Hamilton. 

The Brit had no shame and just took over at full speed. The fucker.

I see him driving in front of me now, I am planning to take over in turn 3 but somehow it isn't needed. Lewis forgets to brake and just drives off-track

If only I could secure P1

round fifty-five

I am still P2, Max is in front of me, but I'm definitely faster, why are the race-engineers not saying anything?

RE: Okay Maeve you're slower than the car behind you, please watch out

MAE: What? Who is behind me?

RE: It's Norris, Maeve

MAE: Impossible, we have the faster car, I have the pace. Max is losing his speed

RE: You're slower Maeve, please accept it.

MAE: Okay fine, tell Max to let me pass him and he and Norris can fight, Max won't win because somehow the McLaren is faster, then I'll fight Norris.

RE: Maeve please stick to the strategies, you know it's better to keep Max p1.

MAE: Oh for fuck sake, he's fucking slow.

HO: Maeve, It's Horner, pass him, but if you fuck up you will pay for it, you hear me?

MAE: Understood, tell Max to back down.

RE: Good luck Maeve.

I take a sip of my water and I... just drive. At full speed.

I see Max's car, the 1 on his car is looking at me, one day it'll be mine. 

I feel it.

Max isn't ready to let me pass, but I am

I wait for the DRS and I press on the pedal with all my strength. I think about losing control of the car, so I grab the steering wheel even harder.

I see Max

He drives beside me

I flip him off

He has to brake for the turn