Chapter 2, Book 1, "Platform 9 ¾"

Platform 9 ¾
September 1st,1991
10:40 am

Polaris grabs the hand of his aunt, his other hand holding his trunk, Aunt Narcissa smiles at Polaris, before apparating to platform 9 ¾. It wasn't too crowded yet, Draco and his father appeared next to them. "Be good, Draco, you too Polaris. I love you both so much. Oh, and Polaris, keep an eye on Draco for me, will you?" Aunt Narcissa says lovingly "I'll do my best, Aunt Cissa." Polaris replies to his aunt's request. With one final hug, Aunt Narcissa and Uncle Lucius disapparate away, leaving the two boys on the platform. "Well, we'd better get on the train." Polaris says to Draco "Alright, just help me get my trunk on the train first." Draco replies, trying to heave his trunk onto the train.

10 Minutes later

It was now 10:50, and almost every compartment was full, except one. Polaris is sitting in the empty compartment reading when he hears someone opening the door. Looking up, he sees Harry "Hey, Harry." Polaris greets "Hey Polaris, mind if I sit here?" Harry replies, clearly out of breath from heaving his trunk up the train. "Sure, go ahead, I don't mind." Polaris says, going back to his book. Harry starts trying to get his trunk into the overhead compartments when Polaris hears someone approach and open the door. Looking up from his book again, he sees George Weasley, a good friend of his "Want a hand?" he asks Harry "Yes, please," Harry pants "Oy, Fred! C'mere and help!" George yells to Fred, his twin. With the twins' help, Harry's trunk was at last tucked away in the overhead compartment

"Thanks," says Harry, pushing his sweaty hair out of his eyes "What's that?" Fred says suddenly, pointing at Harry's lightning scar."Blimey," says George "Are you -?" "He is," says Fred "Aren't you?" he adds to Harry. "What?" says Harry. "Harry Potter," choruses the twins. "Oh, him," says Harry. "I mean, yes, I am." Polaris gives out a snort of laughter and the twins look at him "Hey Pol, how's your summer been?" asks George "Boring for the most part, until I met Harry in Diagon Alley." Polaris responds with a small smile on his face "That's why you weren't reacting when we pointed him out." Fred states "We just thought you didn't care, like usual." George says, completing Fred's statement.

Polaris is about to respond when a female voice calls out "Fred? George? Are you there?" "Coming, Mum." the twins reply, giving Harry one last look before hopping off the train.

Polaris sees Harry sit down next to the window where, half hidden, he could watch the red-haired family on the platform and hear what they are saying. Their mother had just taken out her handkerchief. "Ron, you've got something on your nose." The youngest boy tries to jerk out of the way, but she grabs him and begins rubbing the end of his nose. "Mum - geroff." He wriggles free. "Aaah, has ickle Ronniekins got somefink on his nosie?" says Fred "Shut up," replies Ron. "Where's Percy?" asks the mother. "He's coming now." Percy Weasley came striding into sight. He has already changed into his billowing black Hogwarts robes, and put on his prefect badge.

"Can't stay long, Mother," he states. "I'm up front, the prefects have got two compartments to themselves -"
"Oh, are you a prefect, Percy?" says Fred, with an air of great surprise. "You should have said something, we had no idea."
"Hang on, I think I remember him saying something about it," says George. "Once -" "Or twice -" "A minute -" "All summer -" "Oh, shut up," Percy replies. "How come Percy gets new robes, anyway?" Fred asks. "Because he's a prefect," their mother replies fondly. "All right, dear, well, have a good term - send me an owl when you get there." She kisses Percy on the cheek and he leaves. Then, she turns to the twins. "Now, you two - this year, you behave yourselves. If I get one more owl telling me you've - you've blown up a toilet or -" "Blown up a toilet? We've never blown up a toilet." "Great idea though, thanks, Mum." "It's not funny. And look after Ron." "Don't worry, ickle Ronniekins is safe with us." "Shut up," Ron replies again. He is almost as tall as the twins already and his nose is still pink where his mother had rubbed it. "Hey, Mum, guess what? Guess who we just met on the train?"