10 ✭

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・

As we boarded the plane, I knew I couldn't keep it to myself any longer

As we boarded the plane, I knew I couldn't keep it to myself any longer. The weight of the situation was too heavy, and I needed someone to confide in. Lucille, my bestfriend, was sitting next to me, unaware of the storm brewing inside me.

Taking a deep breath, I began recounting the whole story, from beginning to end. Every detail, every emotion poured out of me like a floodgate had been opened. Lucille listened intently, her eyes filled with concern and compassion.

Lucille, who had only been briefed on the events of this afternoon, had no idea what was coming, and as my words unfolded, I could see her shock growing. The situation was worse than she could have ever imagined.

As she read the pain in my eyes, she pulled me into a tight embrace. In that moment, I felt a sense of betrayal by those around me, but with Lucille by my side, I knew I wasn't really alone.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N," she whispered, her voice filled with genuine empathy. "I don't know why that prick would just switch sides like that! Ugh!" Her thumbs gently wiped away my tears, her touch comforting and reassuring.

The anger in her voice surprised me. Lucille, usually so easygoing, was ready to defend me with all her might. "I would beat his ass! The audacity of this man to hurt my girl," she declared, her words laced with fiery anger.

I couldn't control it but smile, despite the pain I was feeling. Lucille's unwavering support, reminded me that true friendship knows no bounds. In that moment, I knew that no matter what happened, our bond was unbreakable, and it felt like our friendship would last a lifetime.

Lucille looked over at me, a hint of reassurance in her eyes as I finally stopped crying. With one eyebrow raised, she responded, "Girl, you know I got your back.."

"By the way.. seems like you and Tom are getting pretty close so what happened spill!" I said, trying to change the subject feeling a little better.

Taking a deep breath, she continued, "Okay, so we did hang out yesterday and had sex. But that's as far as it goes. He may think he's a player but I'll play his game! He doesn't know the bad bitch he's facing!"

I couldn't help but chuckle at her feisty response. "Ooh, Lucille is getting ready to unleash her claws! Watch out, Tom!"

We both burst into laughter, setting aside the weight of what had happened. Lucille's lightheartedness and ability to make me laugh reminded me that there's still joy to be found.

★彡

After a long plane ride, we finally touched down back to New York.

I was grateful that she was by my side, and I happily invited her to crash in my apartment. As we entered, I gave a tour, showering me with compliments with how decorated it was inside.