NINE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚 :
UH...HI THERE

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     IT WAS ONLY a few minutes later, when she was passing the general area of the camp that Tommy caught her, asking her to clean the mess hall with him because he couldn't find Cindy (who was assigned to clean it with him)

     She accepted because she didn't want him to do it all alone, but she immediately regretted being a good friend as she was stuck on her knees scrubbing at the wooden boards with a soaking sponge. Music played in the background, but it wasn't something Celia would ever put on to listen to. It was a bright pop song, but hopefully, it would switch to rock soon.

     They hadn't been speaking much, not until Celia abruptly inquired, "Am I impulsive?"

     "What?" Tommy laughed, looking at her in confusion.

     "Am I impulsive?" She repeated, a frown on her face as she considered it, "Like, impulsive enough to get into a fight?"

     Tommy was taken aback, his eyebrows raised, "Who was brave enough to tell you that?"

     "So I am?" Celia rolled her eyes, "Ugh. I didn't want him to be right."

     "Gary?" Tommy asked. Celia shook her head, "Arnie?" She shook her head again. He was running out of names, "Who?"

     "I don't wanna tell you." The girl huffed, scrubbing the wood a little harder than she had a few seconds ago.

     Tommy shrugged, disappointed by the lack of identity, "Fine."

     "Do...Do people really see me as angry?" Celia started to scrub the floor behind her, the sponge gaining some pressure on both halves, "Just an angry impulsive girl who'll fight anyone?"

     "Who on Earth told you that?" Tommy dropped his sponge on the floor as he looked at the girl with an intrigued expression, "I've gotta know."

     "Nick." Her voice was quiet, ashamed of seeming so meek because of a Sunnyvaler.

     "You're listening to a Goode?" Tommy furrowed his eyebrows, "Who are you?"

     "I know." Celia mused. "But still, I feel like it's true."

     Tommy thought for a few seconds before asking, "...Why?"