PROLOGUE

𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚 :
WHAT A RIGHTEOUS LITTLE SHIT

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     CELIA WAS LOST on the wrong side of town, and if the dirty looks she was getting said anything, she wasn't welcome

It wasn't a surprise to her though, as her appearance gave away that she was the typical Shadyside seventeen-year-old walking the streets of the fancy Sunnyvale. The petty rivalry between the towns was driving her mad slowly, which likely was not a good thing.

After all, it was Shadyside that was known for the infamous serial killers The ones that drove people to either kill others or themselves. It was the citizens that were trapped souls of those who inhabited it, dragging them slowly into insanity. It was Shadyside that was nicknamed Shittyside for a reason.

She had to come over to Sunnyvale for a reason. Screw the stupid rivalry between Sunnyvale and Shadyside, she needed music. And Celia had heard a rumor that there was a good music store in Sunnyvale. It was an unfathomable tale to Celia. Music that wasn't passed down through the family? That didn't play out of her radio that skipped half of every line? It was similar to a forbidden jewel, one she needed for entertainment lest she die of pure boredom.

Once she had heard word of the store, she knew she had to visit it. The problem was that Celia rarely went to Sunnyvale. So, Celia had no clue where she was. But she decided she wouldn't leave until she found herself the first vinyl that would be bought only for her.

Unfortunately for her, finding it was harder than she would have expected. Now she had been wandering around Sunnyvale, glaring at all the new signs posted around the town. Everything was so new, so shiny, it annoyed Celia.

Sunnyvale was given all the glory and more specifically, the money, while Shadyside was left to rot in a garbage fire.

She was so distracted glaring at a map of the small outlet that she missed the shadow creeping up behind her. "Excuse me? Are you lost?" She jumped slightly, not expecting the sudden voice. Celia held in a sigh, turning around to find the owner of the unfamiliar male voice. Unfortunately, the owner of such wasn't a complete stranger.

They hadn't met formally before, but she knew all about Nick "future sheriff of Sunnyvale" Goode. He was infamous in Shadyside for being vexing, for many different reasons. His presence alone was enough to make her roll her eyes, something she luckily was able to do after turning her head.

"Is it that obvious?" Her words were slightly playful, but her expression was settled into a glare. While they had never spoken before, Celia didn't like the boy. She couldn't.

Nick was practically the spitting image of everything she wanted, money, a good reputation, and someone who'd have a decent future while she was stuck working some stupid minimum-wage job simply because of where she was born.