Doubt Is A Powerful Thing

Jennie kisses Lia's head as she lays her down on the couch, propping her bottle up using a blanket. She had been growing fussy and tired and Jennie figured she could use a nap. The minute the baby's head hits the pillow, her eyes are fluttering shut as she sucks on the bottle. Jennie can't help but smile at her and her cuteness. She definitely looks like Lisa now, just with dark hair and Jennie's beauty mark and long eyelashes. She hears a sigh from the baby and she feels her smile about to split her face. It's amazing how different she feels towards her now. She can't imagine never not wanting to be around her. She knows she was sick, still is in some regards, but she can't help but feel guilt sometimes with how she treated Lia before. But she knows all she can do at this moment is just love her with her whole heart.

Aden is back in school and Jennie has already arranged for him to see a child psychologist, not wanting things to escalate with him. He has gone to a few sessions and they seem to be helping him. His last session worried Jennie a little, as he had come out crying. After having a chat with the doctor, she had explained the topic of discussion had been on Lisa's death and how he felt about it, the reason for the tears. Later that night they laid in Jennie's bed with Lia and ate ice cream and watched movies. It felt like a big step for all of them to just lay together and be.

Jennie goes into the kitchen to make herself something to eat. The house is quiet. Her father has been spending more time with her mother but has yet to announce he's moving out. Once she gets to the fridge and starts rummaging through, there's a knock on the door. Jennie sighs, thinking it's probably the mailman asking her to sign something. She shuts the fridge and moves out of the kitchen down the entry way hall. She opens the door and it's... definitely not the mailman. Lily. Lily looking very sheepish. Jennie frowns and just waits for Lily to speak. She knows if she starts, she'll end up yelling and right now she has a baby sleeping in the next room.

Lily clears her throat.."Uh, I know you definitely don't want to see me right now... or possibly ever. I just..." Lily pauses and swallows, "I'm a bitch. A jerk. The things I said to you... they were inexcusable and I just wanted you to know that that isn't how I see you. I did some, thinking, if you will. I put myself in your shoes for a minute after everything and I realized, you've really been doing the impossible. If Jeff were to ever get drafted and I was pregnant, I think I would freak out. Let alone if I lost him. So i'm here to say I am so sorry for hurting you when you were already down. For hurting you at all. It's okay if you don't forgive me. I just wanted you to know that I will always love you and be here for you, no matter what." Lily wipes a couple tears away and sniffs. Jennie takes a deep shaky breath.

"It did hurt, a lot. Knowing you felt that way at the time, it broke my heart. So, I just need you to give me time and space. I don't know how long, but I just need you to give that to me, okay?" Jennie tells her genuinely. Lily gives her a sad smile and nods.

"I can do that." Lily says. Jennie nods and an awkward silence falls over them. Both just looking around at the ground and other houses.

"Thank you for stopping by. For the words you had to say." Jennie says to her after a minute. She nods and gives Jennie a smile before departing to her car. Jennie watches Lily drive away before she shuts the door. She leans her back on the door and closes her eyes. She does love Lily. Next to Lisa, she's the longest friend she's ever had. It really did break her heart to hear those things come from Lily. Their relationship will probably forever have a stain on it. But she does know it can be fixed, only with time and patience though. Things will most likely never go back to the way they were, but it could improve from where they are now. She just needs time and she's happy that Lily is letting her take it.

She hears fussing coming from the living room and pushes herself off the door. Lia has thrown the empty bottle on the floor and has her face scrunched like she's ready to burst into tears in any moment. Jennie picks up the bottle and rests it on the coffee table before moving towards the baby. Jennie scoops her up and holds her to her chest as she lets out a whimper and cry. Jennie rubs her back and continuously kisses her head and coos at her until she's calm and asleep on her.