{ CHAPTER 6 - "YOUR'E SAFE HERE " }

The pups and Ryder made it to the scene, the gang gasped at the sight before them,

Trees were knocked down, and the flowers of Mayor Goodways' lawn were destroyed.

"Oh no.." Rocky looked around, sadly.
"We can fix this!" Ryder exclaimed, determined.

"Oh, thank goodness you've arrived. Everything is destroyed, even Alexs' treehouse." The mayor cried.

"Me and Rocky can do our best to fix it!" Rubble said, hopefulness in his eyes, "So can I!" Skye chimed in.

"Wonderful."
"Skye, could you see if there's loose cows around Adventure Bay?" Ryder turned his head, looking to the pup beside him, "You can count on me, Ryder!"

"Arf! Wings!" Skye pushed herself up from the grassy ground. The grass danced with the low wind from her jet back.

Skye patrolled through the air, searching for the creatures.

Kara was a bit closer now. She lunged through treed and brackens to make it to her destination. She had seen the pups leave.

" I've found some herding cows!" Chase exclaimed.

"Come on, pups!" Ryder demanded, racing off with his motorcycle.
She then halts herself, hearing a strange sound within the air. She looked up to see Skye, who searched below.

Kara darted under a tree, avoiding being seen. Skye continued to patrol from above.

The pup in hiding freed a puff of relief from her throat, scampering off toward the group.

Before she could get closed, animals ran before her, forcing her to pause with a sharp, fearful gasp. "Was that---?!"

The sounds of running emerged from behind her. She yelped and ran for a hiding spot.

Kara hid behind a nearby tall rock, sheltering behind it as she whimpered wildy in terror.
---

It had been a few minutes, and Skye flew forward to the rest of the pups. "I found many, including this calf." Skye chuckled, nuzzling the baby.

"You're okay!" Chase raced to Skye, hugging her. Skye chuckled, "I always will be."

"Hey, guys, what's that behind that boulder there?" Rocky asked.

The pups looked over, confused. Chase pulled away from Skye, interested in the question.

Rocky crouched, heading toward the boulder. From behind it, Kara hid.

"Who are you?" Rocky asked, backing away. Kara weakly rose from the ground.

"New pup?!"
Skye gasped, dashing behind Chase and toward Kara. "What are you doing here?!" Skye asked, worry clawing her voice

Kara didn't respond. Instead, she came to them a teary-eyed look.
Rocky and Skye's gaze softened more, getting a bit closer, "Everything's okay. Were just on a mission." Skye comforted, Rocky nodded.

"Oh, thank you, Paw Patrol. Farmer Yumi and Farmer Al are on their way down the hill to retrieve the loose cows." Mayor Goodway cheered.
"No problem, Mayor Goodway, "Whenever you're in trouble, just yelp for help!" Ryder smiled.

---

Kara sat in the grass, staring to the setting sun, dusk was approaching. "H-Hey..."

Kara let out a yelp, turning around. Rocky stood behind her, worried. "Why did you leave the lookout?" He asked, tilting his head. "You were safe here. What if a cow hurt you?"

Kara got up and immediately started to speed-walk away. "Wait!"
Rocky hurried after the other pup, worried for her.

"Please..!" He cried, and he lunged ahead of her. "Please tell me why?"

Kara leaped over him, and she continued to walk until she met eyes with a tree. Her pupils shrink, and she whimpers and rushes back, falling against Rocky's chest. "What's wrong?!"

The tree fell, falling toward Kara. Or so she thought. A few rapid heartbeats later, the tree flashes back to being tall and healthy. "Did the tree.. sc--scare yo--" Kara cut him off

"I... wanted to know where you all were headed! I-I didn't wanna b-be alone.." Kara cried, her tears strolled onto the pups' chest.
Rocky sat shocked. He became a bit teary-eyed himself. "It's okay, it's okay!" Rocky rubbed Kara's back soothingly, looking down on her head.

"I promise you're okay! You're safe here with us! I promise.." Rocky rubbed her back more.

Kara rushed back, whimpering. "H-how can I be s-so sure?!" She lashed out, "I d-don't even kn-know any of you!"

Rocky saddens, stepping forward. "Well, I want to know you... and so does Zuma. He's my pal... I know you're frightened... but we aren't a threat to anyone.."

"I still don't know you..." She sobbed. Rockys' ears flattened, he then held his paw out, seemingly for a shake. "Well, how about we start over.. I'm Rocky.. and you are?"

.

.

.