Chapter 5 - Party puke on my shoes

I opened the door to my room or the purple room, it was my favorite colour and my dad's favorite colour too. I missed him a lot.

The interiors of my room were really lavish, I had a queen size bed covered with a lavender bedspread. I had a white dressing table on the right and a mannequin next to it. I had had a fashion designing phase when I was 13 and I failed miserably, now it's just a showpiece in my room. It had wooden flooring and it was carpeted with a purple carpet, my en-suit was next to the the dresser and my favorite seat, my sofa next to my window. I sit there and think about my life and my dad, somewhere deep in my heart I want my mom and dad to get back together so that we could be happy again, so that I could be normal again. I was a very social child, I was very happy too. I never stayed at home but everything changed, I stopped going out, being alone was the only thing I liked. Mom was so worried about my sudden unsociableness that she sent me to therapy.

"Well, I have to get dressed," I said, wiping the tear off my face.

I went into my en-suit, looking for something to wear. It took me 15 minutes to assmble my outfit - a loose, oversized red sweater with a black heart on it, my black skinny jeans and my worn out converse high tops. God, I loved those shoes. My dad had sent it to me for my fourteenth birthday and I love them.

I wore some mascara and some eyeliner on my waterline and I had to pack for my sleepover too, so I grabbed my bag, put my pajamas in them - my superman pajamas to be exact, "Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Superman." I laughed, imitating the lines from the comic - some shorts and T-shirt for next day, my toothbrush, towel and swim suit - Em had a pool - and my laptop, I cant forget that. Before leaving, I took my phone, car keys and sprayed some perfume, japanese cherry blossom, I loved the scent, I was practically addicted to it, took Sara's gift and came out my room and went downstairs.

The party was in full swing, music was lound and deafening, the whole house was filled with prepubescent girls and guys dancing and I could see few of them making out.

"Agh," I shuddered.

I went to the kitchen to check if there was any booze, the basin was filled with fizzy drinks and cola's. I was relieved to see that there was no booze. I went to find Ethan.

I was walking into the living room, finding Ethan in the crowd of preteens, who were surprisingly taller than me.

"Well, someone has puberty on their side," I said to myself and my shortness.

I was still looking for Ethan when something grabbed my hand and took me out of the crowd and into the kitchen, which was empty. I was gonna go all ninja on that person but he caught my free hand. It was none other than Ethan.

"Looking for me, eh?" He asked cockily, getting too close for comfort.

"Yes, I was," I said in my matter of fact voice. His blue eyes bore into my soul and he smiled.

"Ethan, thanks a lot for chaperoning my brother's party and I'm really sorry that you have to stay with these kids and please no booze Et-Ethan ca-call m-me if so-something goes wr-wrong," I stammered because he had pushed me to the wall and I just stood there gasping

. He looked so sexy with his cocky smile and his messy hair and he smelled so good, I just didn't want to move away from him and his hot, minty breath. I could feel on my face that we were inches apart from kissing.

"Snap out of it, Maddy," He said, grinning at me.

"Ethan, he-heres some mon-money for piz-pizza," I said, looking down at my shoes and the blood rushed to my cheeks. He was too close to me, he could practically hear my heartbeat going a million miles per hour.