Chapter 3 - meet the gang part 1

"Stop following me!" I yelled at Ethan.

"I'm not following you, Fatty. We have the same homeroom," He stormed off.

 I stood there like an idiot, feeling guilty. I started walking to my homeroom and heard someone yelling my name.

"Maddy!" I turned and saw Emilia.

"Em, my baby. I missed you," I said, hugging her.

"I missed you too, sissy" she said, tightening the hug.

Em was like a sister to me but she was the complete opposite. I'll tell you how; I was as skinny as bones and she was the meat on that bone. My chest was flat and hers was a mansion. You get the picture. Em's long blond hair was perfect, whereas mine was like dry hay. Em looked seventeen, heck all my friends looked seventeen, while I looked like a thirteen year old. Em was really creative. She could get ideas for her models by looking in a sewer and if I looked in a sewer, I would just puke. Em was really pretty and the prettiest thing about her was her amber eyes. Guys went crazy over her eyes and the only thing we had in common was our love for food.

"Got something to eat?" she asked. I just grinned at her and gave her my cereal bar.

"You're a life saver. I'm starving," she grabbed the cereal bar out of my hand, opened it and took a bite.

"So, how was your summer?" She asked between bites.

"Don't ask, Em, don't ask" I said dramatically, taking the cereal bar and grabbing a bite. We always shared our food, no matter how gross it became.

"Spill the beans, Maddy," she said.

"Ethan," I muttered.

Em knew what I was talking about because she knew Ethan tortured me. 

"What did he do?" She asked angrily.

"He tortured me the entire summer. He came to my house everyday and dragged me out to the park, the carnival and the beach," I said.

"But that's what you do in summer," She said, laughing at me.

"Yes, but this is Ethan we're talking about. He threw mud on me in the park and got dogs to run after me. I was almost bitten, Em, but that's not all. He got me sun burnt when we went to the beach because he would not give me sunscreen and don't get me started about the carnival. All I wanted was to be in my room." I said.

"Maddy, you're weird," She joked

. "Why would you wanna be indoors during summer?" She asked. None of my friends knew about the divorce.

"I don't know, Em. I'm just weird," I said sarcastically.

"But I'm gonna kill him," She spat.

"Don't," I said,remembering our little misunderstanding in the corridor.

"So how was your summer?" I asked, trying to change the subject so that she wouldn't ask why she shouldn't talk to Ethan. I was already guilty. I had to apologize to him.

She started telling me about her perfect summer in Paris and the art gallery and the ideas for the art club. Didn't I tell you she was the president for the art club. I practically zoned out when she started talking about the boring art galleries.

I was looking for my crush, Jason, who was nowhere to be seen when Em smacked me on my arm.

"Ouch, what was that for?"

"You weren't listening to me, Maddy,"

"I was," I lied. She just continued talking and we walked to our homeroom to see that our tables were surrounded with guys and Alex. 

"Oh, Alex," I said dreamily.

Em nudged me and wiggled her eyebrows. 

"Alex, huh?" She teased.

Of course she knew about Alex. All my friends did and they even made fun of me for being a coward.

Em walked in the direction of the guys and asked them to scram. I didn't move from my spot until the last one has left. What can I say? I'm weird. I walked to my table and sat down. I sit at the back, and you guessed it, all alone while Em sat with Sara. 

Sara was the school's prettiest girl. Boy's drooled over her, even Alex, but she was the type of girl who would not kiss and tell. If she had a boyfriend, she would not go around telling every one she had one and I respected that. Even though she was really pretty, she was not dumb. She was my role model. She was the perfect girl and I wanted to be like her. Her brown hair in perfect curls, her make-up perfect with no mistakes. If I did that, I would look like a raccoon so I stayed away from make-up.

Sara broke me out of my thoughts when she asked, "How was your summer, Maddy?"

"Ask Em. She"ll tell you,"

Em told her all about my summer and Sara started laughing. After that Em took out a gift for Sara and gave it to her. It was a pretty perfume bottle. Sara did the same and gave her an even bigger gift. It was a box of Swiss chocolates. I guess their summer went well.

Just then Mrs.David entered and asked everyone about their summer. I zoned out again until I felt something wet hit my face. It can't be raining in here. I looked up to the ceiling and the same thing happened but from the opposite direction. 

I looked and it was Ethan throwing spit balls at me

. All I could go was "Eww," To my suprise, no one heard me.

Perks of being invisible. All my guilt for Ethan went down the drain. I wasn't going to apologize to him anymore. I growled at him.

Mrs.David had given us some silent reading to do. Of course no one listened to her and started talking and day dreaming when the bell rang.

"Finally,'' Em and Sara said in unison. 

The next class was home ec. so Em and I had to go to our lockers to get the books while Sara headed towards another class.

While walking, we met Gina. She was in our home ec. class and she was the editor of our school newspaper, The Raging Bulls, plus she was an english wizz and could write stories and poems when commanded.

All the conversations today were the same. "OMG! How are you? How was your summer?" I just zoned out and the rest of the classes went by fast.

Then luch came along. I hate lunch. The food was not nice at all, the seats were ugly and I usually skipped lunch but Em dragged with her today because it was important.

"Em, what is so important? Why can't we go somewhere else, the lunch room is icky!'' I whined.

"Just come, Maddy," She answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~

authors note

this is just part one the next part will be here soon

please vote and comment and fan if you liked the story