𝟎𝟎𝟖 | da vinci's masterpiece

✯¸

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿to the ha'shi✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

☆━━━"OOH, ELEVEN HOURS IN the Ha'shi

☆━━━"OOH, ELEVEN HOURS IN the Ha'shi. Are you sure none of you want to tell me where you were last night?" Splinter hummed, clawed fingers running the whiskers of his beard as he circled his sons, obsidian eyes narrowing on his eldest son for a moment before he moved on.

      Leonardo's face contorted as he pressed his lips into a tight line, a strained wince on his face as he focused on the task. He was attempting to balance two fragile eggs on chopsticks in each hand while simultaneously holding a third egg on his head. The feat would have been impressive enough on its own, but what made it excruciating was he was doing it in a split position, with each foot planted on a stack of cement blocks. The intense stare of his father didn't help the situation in the slightest, but Leonardo remained steadfast, determined to master the feat of balance and coordination.

      His sapphire gaze drifted around the Ha'shi, taking in his three brothers, who all had a task of their own, "How you holdin' up fella's?"

      A rough growl vibrated in Raphael's chest as Splinter flicked his tail, causing the bike he was balancing on to tremble. "I ain't breakin' if Donnie ain't." The hothead grunted, his gaze locked on the red scarf he was knitting.

      Donatello made a retching noise, bouncing a ping-pong ball back and forth as the wooden platform he was on spun due to Splinter pushing it with his tail. "Experiencing intense nausea, but not breaking."

      Mikey let out a boastful little snicker, smirking as he peered at his brothers from an upside-down on the swivel chair. "Guys, I'm totally in the zone! There's literally nothing that could break me right now!"

      Raph could have thumped Mikey in the face for saying that, because as soon as he finished his little rant, Splinter disappeared before returning with a freshly cooked pizza. Raphael's eyes widened, and he immediately held his breath. His brothers having the same reaction.

      No way am I breaking over a fucking pizza.

      Eleven hours in the Ha'shi meant eleven hours with no food, and the brothers could all agree on one thing  –  they were damn near starving.