Chapter 12 - Saving Us (Final)

A man with his arms coated with red and black spots groaned in pain. He kept scratching them to the point that blood was about to come out, but still couldn't ease the feeling. He hugged himself with shrieking purple lips, and the itchy feeling that wouldn't stop coming ever since he was sent to the police station.

Tapping sound of the shoes made contact with the floor and echoed the whole station.

"Aigoo, look at those."

The officer clicked his tongue as he said, squeezed his brows at the pitiful scene.

"Officer, please send me to the hospital."

Hae-Ryong instantly called for help. He had been in this situation for a while, and it made him feel like living in hell.

"But that doesn't help, does it?"

The man snickered as he watched Hae-Ryong slumped back on the floor powerlessly.

"But, when do the police in Korea wear dustless leather shoes?"

"Aishi, as I said, those lame costumes don't fit me."

Hae-Ryong snapped his head up immediately with terror when he heard the playful tone from the man. It turned out to be Lee Rang.

"Tada, surprise."

Lee Rang mischievously grinned at the man's funny face.

"Why are you here!"
"I heard they had caught something fun."
"Are you here to laugh at me!?"
"Maybe."

Lee Rang answered as he took out popcorn from his jacket, proudly showed the packet to Hae-Ryong and this triggered him successfully. No matter how furious the man was, he couldn't do anything despite being locked in jail.

"Why are you giving me that look?"

The Gumiho faked his sad tone as he threw a few popcorn at Hae-Ryong. His mood immediately lifted when he saw the weak side of him. Hae-Ryong was never a strong man somehow, he only knew how to trick others into his weapon and forced them to work under him. Thinking about how an insect like Hae-Ryong treated him last time, Lee Rang felt outrage all of the sudden. He forcefully grabbed the collar and pulled Hae-Ryong to the bar. The way Hae-Ryong's face squeezed into the iron bar and the painful yell from the man, Lee Rang remained those cold looks.

His brown eyes nonchalantly moved to observe the man's face that had already twisted into an ugly one, Lee Rang finally let him go.

Hae-Ryong breathed rapidly as he kept his distance far away from Lee Rang. The fear seemed to rise behind his eyes. It looked like Hae-Ryong had forgotten how evil and ruthless Lee Rang was. Hae-Ryong had been using Lee Rang whatever he liked, thanks to the help of the debt of the ring. He thought he was going to use the Gumiho to the end of his life if he refused to break the debt. However, he never expected Lee Rang to reconcile with his brother and they worked together to scam him!

It was just a matter of time for Lee Rang to take revenge on him.

"What do you want me to do?"

A man knew when to please his enemies in order to survive.

Lee Rang arched one of his brows as he heard that, totally impressed by his change in attitude.

"Well, come with me."

He taunted.

After Hae-Ryong escaped the station, he rode the car with Lee Rang. With the proposal they made together, Hae-Ryong decided to face Imoogi himself. No matter how uneasy he was, he had no other choice.

How the table turned. This time, Lee Rang was going to use Hae-Ryong's hand to weaken Imoogi's force.

A series of events occurred during the weeks, from Lee Rang reconciling with Ji-A to Lee Yeon getting attacked. Tonight was the day which Lee Yeon fought with Imoogi.