Chapter 7

"You sure about this, Lee Rang-nim?"
"Yeah, it's fine, I would like to take a stroll around here."
"Alright then, I will go back first."

As Lee Rang bid goodbye to Yuri, she started to drive away the car after she made a weak smile to him. The man was staring at the car emotionless, before he decided to begin his walk in this area.

Even though night had fallen, there were still a lot of people walking around with laughter and food in their hands. It was supposed to be a contented and warm night, however, Lee Rang couldn't feel any of that.

His eyes coldly glanced at the pedestrian, silently walking at a slow pace by himself. He didn't know why they were laughing nonstop at a small conversation, he even forgot how to laugh freely sometimes after he lost Y/N. As he stood still in the middle of the crowd, he looked like an outsider, a man who didn't belong here.

Lee Rang decided to set himself on the bench first, a street light flashed on his figure, elongated his shadow. He looked extremely lonely and depressed viewing from behind.

Lee Rang had just fought with his brother not long ago.

When he pretended to be the injured high schooler and followed that human girl to her home. He never expected to be tricked by that human when he sensed Lee Yeon's presence heading towards them. The moment Lee Rang saw his brother's face, he couldn't hide his anger anymore and decided to combat him. To be precise, this was the fourth time the brothers met with such a unpleasant atmosphere. Every single time they encountered, started a fight was a must to them.

The fox gritted his teeth at that, especially when Lee Yeon dared to bring Y/N up during their battle.

"Come on, Lee Rang, Y/N would be sad to see you turn like this."

Lee Rang saw his hand shaking, not because of his fear towards Lee Yeon's words, it was his anger towards himself for not being able to protect Y/N. He was such a failure, like how he deceased mother always muttered about it. He squeezed his eyes as he felt a little headache thinking about those miserable memories.

"Who dares to make our little fox sad?"

Lee Rang smelled a good scent and he felt his headache vanish in a second when a pair of fingers were massaging his temple. The man was shocked when he heard the voice. He gently reopened his eyes and they turned wet instantly right after he saw the girl's face.

Please God, don't wake him up, even though it was only a dream.

"What, already forgot me?"

She giggled, eyes softened when staring into his that had already become red.

"I'm-"

Lee Rang immediately took Y/N into a hug. Y/N was surprised at the moment, but she smiled bitterly and replied to his hug after she felt the crying sound that was holding from the fox.

It was real this time.

He could feel the sensation and the warmth from her.

"I'm sorry. Sorry for taking so long. It's okay now."

Lee Rang, as if feeling grievance, he let his emotion drive his mind and he tried his best to not let out his cry. He could confirm everything was real and Y/N had come back to him when the woman was patting his head with a soft hum. He tightened the hug even more, refused to let her go.

"Never know our Rangie is such a crybaby, and.. also a pervert."

Lee Rang flinched as she mentioned the last words of the sentence.

"Y-You saw it?"

He hid his face, but red colour crept to his ears as he felt embarrassed about it. How should he explain this to Y/N? Would the explanation getting more weird as he attempted to prove his innocence. What's more, he didn't want Y/N to see him as a freak. Aishi, he shouldn't have followed to her apartment last night.