Chapter 10 - Countdown

The old man was fidgeting with something as he sensed the door moving, indicating someone was entering the room. Hyunuiong quickly hid the bin behind him, forcing a normal smile on the man who was skeptically scanning at himself.

"Lee Yeon, you're here."

Lee Yeon neither answered nor reacted to his greeting. He chose to ignore the old man instead, awkwardly approaching the door which led to Taluipa's personal office.

"Look at the face..."

Hyunuiong muttered under his breath at Lee Yeon's rude attitude after the man entered the room.

~

Lee Yeon tried to hold back his curiosity and attempted to act normal in front of Taluipa. He carefully threw glances at the wanted list beside him and, as expected, Lee Rang's face was on the board.

"Who do you think I am?"

Taluipa sharply looked at the man in front of her. Apparently, she caught Lee Yeon's slight shock at her words. Yeah, it was his mistake to think that he could escape Taluipa's eyes with his trick.

Lee Yeon made a smirk at that. In the blink of an eye, Lee Rang showed up in the room.

"I wonder what makes a sinful Gumiho like you to be here? Aren't you afraid of death?"

"Nah, just spare me for a day. I know it is going to be my turn."

Lee Rang nonchalantly replied, and that earned a loud yell from the woman. The Gumiho blocked one of his ears with his finger at that.

"I.....I just want to ask you a question."

Lee Rang stopped his act and turned serious suddenly. Taluipa threw a glare at him.

"Any ways to break the debt?"

His genuine question earned a small laugh from Taluipa. He knew why she would have that reaction. Breaking the debt with someone who saved you was terribly ridiculous, even though he didn't want it to happen.

As his dull eyes followed the woman who was heading to the couch and, lastly sat on it, Taluipa finally stopped her laughing.

"Someone asked me that before."

She sipped the coffee which had already been cold for a long time.

The Gumiho's brown eyes enlarged at her words, and instantly understood who that person was. It was Y/N. Lee Rang gritted his teeth with his hand turned into a knuckle, his eyes eventually became red. For Y/N's sake, Lee Rang should hastily free himself from the chain so that he has the ability to protect his lover. Lee Rang let out a deep breath before getting closer to Taluipa, sincerely waiting for her next words.

"If God gave you power, there must be a way to control kinds like you."

Lee Rang gave an indifferent look.

"There's only one way to do that."

The man immediately raised his ears at that.

"Die."

Taluipa calmly drank her coffee, despite how Lee Rang reacted to it.

"After that, you're free to go."

Lee Rang felt an ice bucket pour on his head, putting off the only hope that he tried to uphold. Even a knowledgeable being like Taluipa couldn't help him to escape fate. He couldn't react properly except that shaky breath escaped his nostrils. He should have seen this clear from the early stage.

"I see. I will take it in mind."

Perhaps looking at how pitiful he looked currently, Taluipa could only sigh deeply.