Prologue

"Ahhh! How can the author do this to him! My baby Rangie!"

The girl whined as she pulled a tissue from the tissue box, took it over to her runny nose and cleaned it, while the screen was playing a scene where the handsome character stared at the sand clock with tears packed in his eyes. Just a few more, just a few, then he could rescue his brother back to the world. As the last sand particle flowed through the narrow gap and lastly dropped into the base, the male then made a final smirk and vanished into the light with tears. He left with no regrets.

She could no longer control her tears once again when a wail was uttered by the female character from the drama, the scene was truly melancholic and mournful.

Y/N's vision turned blurred and finally emotional water slid across her cheek. She shut her eyes tight, let her head dropped on the head coach while biting her lower lip, trying to calm her heart down from the mood.

Lim Y/N, a 27-year-old woman, plus a freelancer. What's more, she was an emotional person. And.... She hated being like that. Instead, it became a problem for her. It was not like she could control her emotions as she wished to. Y/N felt anger when she saw something unfair or injustice happening in front of her eyes; she felt delighted and would even cry about slight things. In one word, a rollercoaster would be the best choice to describe it. Eventually, it began to be her only weakness. Those bad people would make use of her soft spot for their own benefit. Thus, Y/N preferred being introverted to outgoing with anyone.

"Alright, I gotta buy some soju to calm myself."

Y/N cleaned herself up before heading to the nearest convenience store, she would rather not showing her puffy eyes to the public.

🦊

A few moments later, Y/N left the shop with big and small plastic bags. Apparently apart from purchasing soju, she even bought some snacks.

Staring at the traffic light before her, Y/N waited patiently as she watched around her surroundings. Then, a family of three caught her eyes. The father put his daughter on top of his shoulders, his hand protectively grabbed the child to prevent her from falling. The mother and the child giggled with happiness, the family's eyes bent into a curve as they chatted. The too harmonious atmosphere which Y/N wasn't able to adapt to. She smiled bitterly when the child waved at her excitedly.

The light turned green, Y/N began her walk while spacing out, her mind kept flashing back to the scene where a joyful family laughing together. She too wanted to feel that.

"Y/N."

A deep voice called out to her, and made her to halt. She confusingly turned her head around to figure out the source. However, only those busy crowds entered her vision. Y/N nonchalantly shrugged it away before continuing walking.

"Y/N...."

This time she didn't hear it wrong. What made her more anxious was, she thought she had heard the voice somewhere before. She couldn't recall it instantly. Y/N shook her head vigorously, trying to take the disturbing calling away from her mind.

"Y/N. Don't make me wait so long."

"Yaaaa. Who the f-"

As she turned her head to the back, her eyes went impossibly big when she noticed a black-colored car coming towards her. Before she could do anything, she fell on the ground after the crash. Y/N weakly glanced around, she felt her head throbbing and liquid sliding down. The snacks she had just bought were all on the ground, making the scene more chaotic.

"H-Help."

She cried powerless, stretching her arms and attempted to catch someone to save her from the pain. Before she could say the next word, her vision turned into pitch black, she wasn't able to hear anything anymore.

🦊

"Y/N, promise me you won't leave me."

"Yeah yeah yeah, how could I do that? I want to stick with you all day 24 hours!"

"How can you be so cute, my love."

"Not as cute as my Ran-"

Making a short gasp, she woke up hurriedly. Lips trembling, face turned pale as if blood had drawn out from it. Y/N glanced around her surroundings and noticed that she was somehow....... At a broad, lively and breathtaking mountain. She hadn't come back from the shock she had suffered from the accident. Looking downwards, the plastic bags caught her eyes. They were the ones which Y/N bought from the convenience store! And where the fx was she right now?

As she was battling with the confusion, she heard the child giggling and the puppy woofed. Curiosity kicked in, Y/N took the bags with her while searching for the child laugh. One step, two steps closer, she faintly saw a child with long hair, wearing a traditional outfit which belonged to the Joseon Dynasty, running around the big field with a black puppy chasing behind. Y/N saw the heartwarming scene before her, her lips subconsciously quirked into a small smile. But, what made her curious, why the kid looked so damn familiar to her.

Y/N squinted her eyes at the small figure, figuring out the identity of the innocent child. After a few seconds, she finally got the clue who that kid was.

"I-Isn't that Lee Rang!!!??"

Save Me | Lee Rang • Tale of the Nine Tailed On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara