17

"Good morning Kuroo-senpai,"
You greeted him as he sat down.

"Morning (y/n),"
He waved at you, but you noticed something on his hand.

"Is that a bruise? Senpai, did you fight someone? We talked about that, you suck at fighting,"

He scoffed,
"I'm great at fighting! And no, I didn't fight someone. I just had a little accident when I went to the bunny cafe with Kenma,"

You gasped,
"Bunny cafe?! Kuroo-senpai, don't tell me you got handsy with one of the-"

"NOT THAT KIND OF BUNNY CAFE,"
He cut you off with a tinge of pink on his cheeks.

He quickly pulled his phone out to clear up any misconceptions you had about him, showing you a photo of his hand being kicked by a little bunny.

"Oh, actually bunnies,"

He rolled his eyes,
"You really think I'd go to one of those places? And do you think I'd tell you about it if I did?"

"Well I don't know, you kind of were staring at that lady I did a photo shoot of for the cover of September's issue,"

He gave you an offended look,
"I wasn't looking at her!"

"Oh you were totally ogling all over her,"

"I did no such thing!"
In truth, he was ogling a little bit, but not over the woman.

There was something about seeing you so focused and in the zone that intrigued him, and he just wanted to see what you'd do next.

"Okay enough of that subject now. I heard you got approved for that sports integration program you've been wanting for a while now,"

A proud smile displayed itself on his face,
"It took a while, but I pulled it off,"

For a while now, Kuroo was trying to bring volleyball to schools which didn't offer it or didn't have the funds for it. With the program, the government would provide subsidies to fund volleyball (along with other sports).

Kuroo was able to sell the idea by linking sports and extracurriculars in general to better learning and test scores, which would eventually boost the economy with an educated workforce.

He groaned,
"You have no idea how many lame bureaucrats I had to deal with,"

You chuckled,
"I can only imagine,"

"Thanks again for helping me with my presentation. If you hadn't linked better education to an improved economy, Im not sure if they'd bite or not,"

You shook your head,
"Oh I'm sure whatever you would've come up with would've worked out. You're smart like that, senpai,"

Why the hell were you always making his heart beat so fast?!

The two of you were supposed to just be workplace friends, but somehow you managed to worm your way into his life and heart.

He just wasn't sure if what he was feeling was real, and he couldn't confess anything to you if there was even the slightest possibility his heart wasn't in it.

~•~

You opened the door and sighed as you loosened your tie. Today wasn't particularly exhausting, but who was gonna tell you that you couldn't sigh?! You can do whatever you want whenever you want!

"Why are you sighing? Did you get fired?! Is your boss harassing you?!"

"Hinata, what are you still doing in my house,"
You asked.

He trailed behind you as you walked to your room, explaining himself along the way.

"Well I was gonna leave, but practice was cancelled today, and then I realized that Sugawara senpai lived next door, so I invited him over so we could catch up,"

While you changed in your walk in closet, Hinata could hear you sigh.
"And where is he now?"

"In the bathroom,"

You came out of closet wearing more comfortable clothes, and Hinata followed you back to the living room.

"By the way, are you wearing my shirt?"
You asked.

He nodded,
"Yeah, it looked comfy,"

"Just make sure to give it back sometime alright?"

He hummed in response, smiling slightly.

Eventually Sugawara left the bathroom, with you greeting him quickly after.

"Well welcome to my house, Sugawara. I'd offer you a tour, but it seems like Hinata already did,"

Sugawara chuckled,
"Yeah. It was surprisingly very detailed, how often does he come here?"

You shrugged,
"Pretty much every week. Sometimes he's drunk, and sometimes he just wants to stay over. Sometimes it's annoying, but it is nice to have some company,"

It was a little odd to Sugawara how frequently Hinata visited you considering you'd only met the orange haired man this year, but he wouldn't judge. Okay maybe he'd judge a little, but he wouldn't hold it against anyone.

Eventually all three of you sat in the living room, and you decided it'd be a pretty good opportunity to get some juicy gossip.

"So, could you tell me a bit of what high school was like?"

~•~

Well you didn't really learn anything too interesting besides the fact that Hinata didn't have the best grades, but it was still nice seeing the two of them reminisce about times past.

"Well I should get going now, I've got lesson plans to make,"
Sugawara stood up, and you guided him to the door.

"I'll see you soon, alright?"

You and Sugawara exchanged a few more pleasantries before he went to his apartment next door.

You locked your door and turned around to see Hinata looking at you hopefully.

You sighed,
"Fine, you can stay tonight,"

"Yes!"

_______________________

Next chapter do you want to see Kenma or Atsumu also I think I'm gonna put Hinata on the back burner for a bit since he's been in like every chapter for some reason