12

Yamaguchi could feel a nervous heat run throughout his whole body as he looked at the work he'd have to do. While you were in the bathroom, someone just came up to him and dumped a whole pile of work for him to do!

And of course he didn't refuse, how could he? He was just an intern!

This couldn't be that stressful though, right? He's felt more stress in high school volleyball!

Wrong.

He estimated that he might have to stay after hours to finish all of this, and he needed to act quickly if he wanted to get any studying in for his midterm coming up.

He let out a sigh, beginning to regret his internship.

"What's got you down, Yamaguchi?"

You leaned your hands on his desk as you looked at his work desktop, and then scanning his desk.

"Wait a minute..."
You grabbed a file off his desk and read it over.

"Is this [random name]'s?"

Yamaguchi shrugged nervously. He had no idea who any of the people you worked with were besides Kuroo.

"Guy with the [adjective] hair?"

The freckled man just nodded, sort of sure that you were talking about the guy who pawned his work off to him.

You sighed,
"That guys always trying to slack off... if you're gonna slack off, don't make it anyone else's problem!"
You ranted before grabbing the stack of files on your intern's desk and walking off.

After a few minutes you returned.
"Whatever he told you to do, don't do it. If anyone tries taking advantage of you, let me know, alright?"

He looked at you with stars in his eyes,
"I will, senpai!"

The college student was very grateful for your intervention, but looking at his workload, he still wasn't sure whether or not he'd have the study time he'd like for his exam.

He could just ask you about it though...

But what if you refused! He didn't want to go through that rejection, especially not from you.

"Wait, your school's on a semester schedule, right?"
You asked.

Yamaguchi nodded.

"Ah you must have midterms coming up soon, am I correct?"

He nodded again.

You squinted at his desktop and then stared him in the eyes,
"You can take the day off,"

His eyes widened,
"But what about my hours? Or the rest of my work?"

You shook your head,
"I'll log your hours as if you never left, and I can finish the rest of your work,"

He didn't need you to say that twice, already rushing to pack up all his belongings.

"You're the best, senpai!"
He said as he prepared to leave.

You chuckled,
"Yeah yeah, I know. Study hard, alright?"