3

After going through some moderate editing, your article made it out into the company's magazine, and had relatively good reception.

Fans of the magazine commented on the detail of the questions, and also complimented the way the article flowed nicely without seeming like a textbook.

Safe to say you were stoked about it.

And what would be better than celebrating this victory with your favorite coworker?

Kuroo set down his mug of beer, already feeling quite buzzed,
"I was their captain, and most of them don't even talk to me anymore! Can you believe that?!"

You patted his back consolingly,
"That's horrible! Though it's kind of normal for High school friends to drift apart during college..."

Your senior just kept ranting on and on about his high school days, speaking of his victories and defeats. It was all very interesting, but his speech began to slur as he progressively got more and more drunk.

Eventually you made the executive decision that he'd had enough, and paid the tab before loading your senior into your car.

But then you realized.

You had no idea where he lived.

"Kuroo-senpai, what's your address?"

"Mhmgjfuudyddjfjmgmgmg"

"Great. Totally understood that."

You decided to just take him back to your apartment.

It was definitely a struggle getting him up to the second floor of the building, limp bodies were surprisingly hard to carry!

To your luck, your neighbors didn't see you bring him into your apartment. Could you imagine if they saw you carrying a limp man to your apartment? They'd probably think you kidnapped him!

You laid Kuroo down on the couch, taking his blazer and shoes off, as well as loosening his belt. You undid a few of his buttons, just so he'd feel more comfortable, then you laid him on his side.

Laying him on his side was the most important part. With drunk people, if you lay them on their backs, there's a good chance they'd puke and choke on their vomit.

Speaking of vomit, you should probably bring a trash can over just in case he barfs.

You brought the trash can over along with a damp towel and some water. In his drunken state, your senior was really sweating up a storm!

You gently wiped his forehead with the cool towel, and it seemed it was enough to wake him up.

"Hmmm... Kenma? Is that you?"

'Oh what the hell'

"I haven't seen you in a while... I started to *hic* miss you,"

'OH MY GOD'

"I have this junior at work now... he seems nice. It's nice having a friend at work, *hic* I was beginning to feel a bit lonely, y'know?"

You had no idea what you were supposed to do. Who the hell was Kenma??? And why did you think you were him??? And the fact that he was talking about this kind of stuff???

You couldn't help but feel a little bad for your senior.

You made a mental note to invite Kuroo somewhere with less alcohol. From the very little information he'd accidentally given you, it seemed as if he'd been feeling a bit lonely recently.

He then promptly passed out, causing you to panic. But your nerves were soothed as you heard him snore, and you let out a sigh of relief.

When Kuroo woke up, it felt like someone had jabbed a chisel into his skull. That much alcohol will do that to you.

His eyes fluttered open to an unfamiliar scene. Why was he on a couch? Where the hell was he?

His gaze immediately shifted to you as you walked into the living room,
"Ah, Kuroo-senpai, you're finally awake! How're you feeling?"

He rubbed his forehead,
"My heads killing me right now, what happened last night?"

You went to your medicine cabinet to get him painkillers, and filled him in on the events from the night before.

"Did I really drink that much? I didn't say anything weird, did I?"

"Nope, not at all!"

Well that was a straight up lie, but what else were you supposed to tell him?! That he thought you were someone else and revealed that he's sad and lonely? Hell no!

He began to feel the effects of the painkillers take hold, and groaned as he stood up off the couch.

"I should probably go home, your couch was nice, but I think I just need to pass out for a while,"

You helped him to the door,
"Understandable,"

He thanked you for making sure he was safe, and promptly left.

As soon as he left your apartment, he was hit with a wave of embarrassment. How could he have been so reckless getting drunk last night? He was supposed to be your super cool and reliable senior! He wanted to keep up that reputation for at least another three months!

A vibration from his phone alerted him to a text message. It was from Kenma.

Kuroo and his childhood best friend surprisingly hadn't talked in a long while. Kenma was busy with... whatever he was busy with, and Kuroo had been swamped with work. A few years ago, it almost seemed unfathomable for Kenma and Kuroo to go a day without at least one interaction, but things change, sometimes for the worst.

Kuroo took this text message as a sign that things were getting better though, and soon spoke with Kenma on the phone all the way home. He even got to pet a cat on the way home! Maybe you were a good luck charm or something, he didn't know.

What he did know though was that you and him would be great friends.

_____________________

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONG I KINDA DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO PROGRESS THE STORY TILL KNOW