On stage

We screamed for ages and then Lawson rolled on stage and started singing Standing In The Dark. We, of course, sang along at the top of our voices. It was like this the rest of the way through, and some of The Wanted kept coming along at various stages to sing along to the crowd too, much to the arena's pleasure, judging by the ear-splitting screams from them and myself. The time flew by and it was time for The Wanted to be on stage. We all screamed slightly louder for TW, but that was expected. They opened with Chasing The Sun, and made their way through various songs from their albums. Then the introduction to Heart Vacancy came blaring through, and the arena erupted. I didn't think they would stop!

"Right, who wants to be our Heart Vacancy girls?" Max asked. Stupidly question, really. Again, the response was screams. "Well, we got a competition for you. We're gonna play a piece of music that I'm sure you all know, and whoever we choose that goes the craziest will come and be our Heart Vacancy girls. This is... THE HARLEM SHAKE!" More screams. 

Shit. I was screwed. What the fuck was a Harlem Shake? I knew it was viral on Facebook, but after some of the videos I'd seen was on there, I'd given up looking at them.

"What the fuck is The Harlem Shake?!" I whispered furiously to Karen. She laughed at me and then said "Basically, when it says Harlem Shake, you gotta dance like fuck! Just go crazy with it!" I felt more relieved that there wasn't any particular dance moves and relaxed a little. The music started and we struck a pose. Then we went absolutely crazy- just let it all out; arms flailing, bouncing, flicking my hair everywhere and I absolutely loved every second. We could see the boys looking around, but it seemed as if Nathan was looking at me, with an amused smile on his face. Nah, it couldn't be me he was looking at- it was probably Karen, as she was going as mental as I was. The music stopped and the boys laughed.

"Well you guys sure know how to shake it!" laughed Jay. "Now, we've got a few ideas, but we're gonna do it again to get our choices certain, so give it all you got and then some." 

Nathan piped up, "Some of you were amazing, and I don't know how you're going to top it, but here we go." His eyes met mine and he winked... Winked at me! I grinned at him. I still had my doubts, but I even impressed myself with my dancing (I think you could call it that) and I felt relieved after, as if I was just letting all my problems out. It was good and now we were going to do it again! I was ready this time. I held a model pose- one hand on my hip, the other in the air, and had one leg bent. Oh, I was going to go full out with this. Karen joined me with a pose with her back against mine, mirroring my pose. I saw Jay looking in our direction, his brilliantly blue eyes sparkling under the glare of the lights.

The music started and I was determined. Karen and myself went absolutely wild. I didn't realise we could go any more than we had the first time round, but we found a new burst of energy.

When the music stopped, I leant against Karen and laughed. She laughed with me. "That was fabulous- we'll have to make a hobby of that!" I laughed. She grinned and nodded, her big brown eyes sparkling.

"Right, l think we've all made our decisions." announced Tom. We all screamed. I wouldn't be surprised if my voice had gone by the end of the night.  

"I'll go first" called Max. "Right, the woman one, two, three, four rows from the back with the bright pink top on, come on down, sweetie!" There was a scream from the back as I turned to look and see a dark haired girl who was very excited. Tom went next with a blonde girl from the left and Siva chose a girl from the right side. Jay was mean and teased. "This is hard" he started, "It's a choice between the brown-haired girl with the signed Code top down the front" He pointed right at Karen and she looked at me in disbelief and we squealed and flapped. I knew it was her. "And the brown-haired over there with the very filthy poster" Jay laughed. "Now, although we love the filth, this was judging your wildness at the dancing." He paused. The bastard, making us wait. "Aaannndd it's the adorable brunette up front!" Karen screamed, jumped and flapped, not controlling herself. But come on, Jay was sexy and he chose Karen! I was so happy for her. Then Nathan's voice came through. "I know I'm supposed to choose someone from over there..." He pointed and the block screamed, "But there was one girl who made me laugh. She went wild! I didn't think she could beat the first time, but she did." Come on you sexy fucker, choose already! "Jay's girl's blonde friend down front!" I clapped politely before it sunk in. He was looking dead at me. I don't think I took a breath for a minute. Nathan laughed that perfect laugh. And said "Come on, you." and winked again. I walked, stunned, to the edge of the row where a security guy took me to the side of the stage to meet Nathan. He laughed and hugged me. "You were amazing. What's your name?" 

"Cha-Chantelle" I stuttered.  

"Well, Chantelle, I think we've got something for you." He smiled with those amazing green eyes looking right into mine. He lead me over to a stool next to Karen's where she was sitting mouthing to me 'Oh my god!' I grinned at her back mouthing 'I know!' Karen was a Jay girl and I was a Nathan girl. What were the odds of getting chosen by them out of thousands of girls?! It felt like a dream come true. We smiled for a camera, then each of the boys sung to their girls, occasionally turning to the audience. Nathan stood behind me and wrapped one arm around me. I tried to suck in my stomach so he wouldn't feel the fat, but his arm was around my shoulders. My head was pounding, but I put that down to the screaming. On Jay's solo, he whispered in my ear "Your eyes are beautiful." My stomach flipped and I blushed. It was a nice change from guys oogling my breasts. I sighed and relished in the moment.

All of a sudden, I got really light-headed, and the room began to spin. I heard a "SHIT!" and the sound of a microphone being dropped. Strong arms wrapped around me and Karen cried "Channa!" before everything went black.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Hope you enjoy it! Comment, Vote and follow and I may be able to update again later or tomorrow. Thank you!