--= 'Betraying' Scarlet=--

Y/N--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You stood there in front of everyone, your arms out. Balancing precariously on the high point of Scarlet's tail. You hadn't expected your voice to carry so far, but just like when your screamed during Clay's fight; the noise echoed around the space. Perhaps it was at that moment, that you suddenly took in the full extent of what you had just done, as every dragon stared at you. Jaws hung open in shock, while some dragons rubbed their eyes as if they were convinced they were seeing things. 

All of them had seen you. 

All of them had heard you talk. 

Even the prisoners above the arena were looking down. The dragonets were among them, no doubt everyone who didn't know you was flabbergasted, watching you - a talking, yet still puny scavenger, stand up to a murderous dragon queen overall forty times your size. 

None of the stares you were getting could compare to Scarlet's however. While she looked just as bewildered as everyone else, until that quickly faded. She looked confused... and furious. You turned to the Queen just in time for her tail to wrap around you, lifting you up in front of her. 

Looking at her, you felt liked she was going to bite your head off. Instead, she opened her mouth and spoke. 

"Scavenger... What. Are. You. Doing-" Scarlet began, before you interrupted her. You couldn't take it anymore. The threats, the fear, and having your control and free will continuously taken away from you. Glory had been the last straw. If she died, that would be it for you and the other dragonets. There would be no way to escape, and you would end up trapped as Scarlet's pet forever. Meanwhile, Tsunami, Clay, and Starflight would be gutted in the arena, and Scarlet would no doubt make you watch. 

Sunny on the other hand, would be given to Burn. Potentially along with you.

Even if you were brutally punished beforehand, you couldn't allow this to happen. 

"It's Y/N... my name is Y/N, and I'm stopping you! T-that's what I'm doing! Scarlet, I-I can't let you do this. I won't let you do this!" You remarked to the queen defiantly. You fists were clenched and you felt as though you were actively having to force each words from your mouth. It was stupid, but you couldn't stand by and do nothing while Scarlet potentially ordered Glory's execution in front of everyone. 

Scarlet's left eye twitched a few times, before snarling with gritted teeth. 

What do you mean you're 'stopping me'. Shut your mouth and we'll be having a chat about this later. I'm warning you-"

"N-No! Erm, t-tell the guards to lower their weapons and I'll stop- GAACKK" You began before suddenly choking on your words as Scarlet's tail squeezed your body to the point where you thought your ribs would implode. 

"DID YOU SERIOUSLY GIVE ME AN ORDER? YOU? A SCAVENGER! YOU HAVE NO SAY IN THIS." Scarlet roared, bearing down on you before eyeing each of the dragons in the arena below. Some of them were obviously still trying to process what they were seeing. 

In fact, some of them looked slightly green around the gills as they stared at you gasping for air in the Queen's tail. Vermilion was one of them. 

"Y-your majesty... that's... you have a talking Scavenger-" He spluttered, only for Scarlet to turn on him as well.

"I am aware it can talk Vermilion! That does it! Get everything cleaned up. I have other matters to attend to." Scarlet snapped, only for Vermilion to reply sheepishly. 

"But your majesty, what about Kestrel, and the trial-" He started, before Scarlet lunged over and grabbed his throat mid sentence. Vermilion gasped as the queen pulled him forwards and roared in his face.