--=Helping a Friend=--

Y/N--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No... surely not. I'm just a human! A scavenger! I'm not even supposed to be in this world! Surely, I couldn't have messed the storyline up that badly? All I did was talk to a few of the characters! Your thought as your mind babbled uselessly, while you hanged from Scarlet's tail coils. The queen had only just exited the dining hall, and was now making her way through the halls of the palace to who knows where? Perhaps the throne room... or maybe the arena? It was probably the second option, judging from her conversation to Rhinestone. Not to mention Scarlet had made it obvious she wanted Kestrel's trial over and done with, which also explained why it would be first on the agenda straight after breakfast.

Although, it still didn't explain Scarlet's obvious liking towards you. You had always known from the moment you first spoke to Queen Scarlet, that your ability to communicate with dragons would attract attention... but it seemed to be attracting attention for all the wrong reasons. You still couldn't wrap your head around why Scarlet was being so... friendly to you. Even after pondering and questioning it for so long.

Considering she seemed to view you as a pet, you would have guessed that when she initially threw you into your bird cage the night before, she would have simply left you there. Instead, not only had she taken you to eat with her with other important dragons (which is obviously considered a huge privilege) but was now taking you to supposedly 'enjoy' the trial and execution she had planned out for Kestrel. 

The more you thought about it, the surer you felt. Things were obviously changing. 

You had noticed this the moment dragons started getting unusually close to you. First Tsunami, then Scarlet, and even Peril had started to give odd vibes and glances towards you throughout breakfast. Or maybe you were just being paranoid? 

Despite this, so far you had only noticed small changes to the 'story', but you knew just as well that big alterations could happen at any time. You knew now that your future of escaping with the dragonets was now being threatened by another increasingly possible one: Being forced to remain as Scarlet's pet for the rest of your life.

Which probably won't be a long and happy life considering how other dragons appear to view me. You thought, thinking over the events that had played out during breakfast between Scarlet and one of the other nobles. Your breakfast suddenly felt rather heavy in your stomach as you continued your fear mongering. So much so that you hadn't noticed that Scarlet had taken a sharp turn into a large chamber. Beyond that was an opening leading out where the ground dropped away suddenly. 

As Scarlet walked out, you instantly remembered where you were. You had gone this exact path back when Scarlet first took you to see the fight between Peril and Horizon. You were back at Scarlet's observation balcony overlooking the arena. 

However, this time you were here under different circumstances. The stands of the arena were devoid of any cheering crowds, while in the middle of the arena stood a temporary stone platform and alter that had been set up. Already there was various guards stationed around the area, while a few other dragons walked around talking, and moving orderly to their positions. You recognized Rhinestone - the dragon who had talked to Scarlet during breakfast - among them, as she exchanged a few hasty words with two of the guards, before walking over to her position on the ground just below Scarlet's platform. As she walked over, you saw her look up at Scarlet before unintentionally locking eyes with you. A flicker of surprise washed over her face upon seeing you, before she reached her spot and sat down. You could only just see the top of her head. 

Without warning, Scarlet's tail shifted forwards suddenly as the Queen sat down comfortably on the ground. Sitting on her haunches, she brought her tail around before dropping you neatly into her lap. Before you could react, she wrapped her tail snugly around the front of her legs barricading you in while allowing you to maintain a good view of what was going on below in the arena. You looked up at Scarlet, just in time to see her carefully look around, as if making sure that nobody saw her handle you so gently.