Chapter 6: Zephyrus

I was met with a punch to the face when I returned to camp. I should've realized that leaving without anyone with me or even just letting them know was a bad idea.

I was already on the ground

Alice: "You fool!! Are you empty headed or just stupid?! Do you want to be killed?!"

Agis: "O-Of course not!"

Alice: "Then why did you wander off alone?! You could've been killed out there and none of us would've known!!"

Agis: "I-I'm sorry, but... I heard a voice calling to me. It's where I got this"

I drew my sword off of my back, where a leather sheath held it in place. The second Ava saw it, her eyes opened wide.

Ava: "A-Agis!! D-Do you have any idea what that is?!"

Agis: "N-Not really, all I know is that it helps me control my wind powers"

I held my hand out and formed a mini ball of wind in my hand.

Ava: "That's one of the Legendary Swords!!"

Alice: "You mean the same swords the Knights of the Round Table wielded?"

Ava: "Precisely! It is said that each of the Holy Swords grant the weirder some special powers and abilities. For example, the sheathe of the Holy Sword Excalibur was able to grant its wielder immortality. It was called Avalon"

Noelle looked closely at the sword.

Noelle: "The blade is incredibly dull... I doubt it could cut cloth... Do you know which one this is?"

Ava: "I remember seeing that design in a book, but there was no name for it"

Alice sighed.

Alice: "Get up"

She held her hand out and helped me up.

Alice: "I'll let it slide this time, since you can at least summon wind now. But if you try and sneak out again, you'll regret it"

Agis: "O-Okay, I'm sorry"

She stormed off, back over to the wagon.

Noelle: "She's really hard on you..."

Ava: "She's his guardian, she has to be"

Ava looked over at me.

Ava: "I do have to agree with Alice though, you shouldn't have went off by yourself. You should have told us"

Agis: "I know..."

Ava eyed the sword.

Ava: "So you can really control the wind?"

Agis: "Not quite yet, I'm still trying to figure out how to command it at will. The most I can do is form a ball of wind. Hopefully the Ruler of the Kingdom of the Sea can teach me how to control it better.

Ava held her hand out to see the sword, which I handed over.

Ava: "The craftsmanship is amazing, it almost seems brand new. The only thing that's odd is the dullness, like Noelle said"

Noelle: "How many swords are there?"

Ava: "Well, the number is a bit weird... There are eight normally, two for each of the Kingdoms. However there's Agis's sword too, which has yet to be named. Finally, there's Excalibur, however that was divided into the swords we know today"

Agis: "H-Huh? What do you mean?"

Ava: "Excalibur was melted down and divided amongst eight swords. Then split into the four Kingdoms. Well... now I'm thinking it was split into nine"