[1.4] The Voice at Night

Word Count: 2741 words.

"So, what have I miss?" Yue asked Korra as she sip her herbal tea

Yue was without a doubt pissed that she was forced to rest for the next couple of days. With Lin threatening to suspend her if Yue is caught doing anything remotely heavy for her recovering body. 

"Tarrlok threw a gala for me. All of us are expected to attend." Korra tells with a small smile on her lips. 

"Hm, Tarrlok... Tarrlok..." Yue chanted in low tune. 

"That man smells like ladies, he also has three ponytails. Funny." Ikki giggles. 

"Is that so?" Yue laugh tenderly at Ikki, which surprises Korra since her joy were mostly act even to Mako and Bolin. 

But with Tenzin's kids, Yue look like she truly belongs and happy. It seems like the blind detective greatly cares for the children, as if she's their older sister. 

"The counsel man keeps on giving Korra amazing gifts too, last time he bought her a Satomobile." Jinora added, as she reads her book. 

"Meaning he's desperate and rent less. Be careful, Korra." Yue warned the young avatar. 

"I'm not planning onto join his taskforce, if anything, I feel like that's more of your thing Yue." Korra looks at Yue. 

"Oh, my godmother will throw a fit, it's probably why Tarrlok hasn't reach me. Though maybe Lin loathes him for flirting with me." Yue shrug casually as the rest of the girl gasp with their own level of disgust. 

"EW"

"No way." 

"Yes way, unfortunately." Yue chuckles at the reactions she gathers. "Speaking of his forces, I'm afraid I'm in no way or form to fight right now. Katara said I needed more time for my chi to recover fully, I hate it that I can't deny her. The nerves in my entire right arm felt ruined." Yue hiss. 

"Bolin told me you didn't bend when you fight the lieutenant, why?" Korra genuinely wanted to know. "You keep lecturing me of being reckless but that fight, I'd say you were reckless yourself." 

"Are you okay sister Yue?" Ikki panicked as Jinora stop reading. 

"I'm fine... it wasn't without a reason I did not bend. I wanted to play my disguise to its fullest potential so that we could still use the disguise in the foreseeable future. If the Equalist find out how easy it is to penetrate their system, they'll do anything to make sure it won't happen again. We can't afford that, can't we?" Yue explains as Korra somewhat understands. 

"But it cost you your arm Yue." Korra exhale. 

"It's worth it." Yue's determination remains strong. 

"Yue, are you feeling well enough for the Gala tomorrow? We had already chosen a dress for you, you know?" Jinora asks softly as Ikki could not wait to show it.