Mommy's and Daddy's Deaths

It has only been a few days since my mom and dad had died due to a car accident on the FDR Drive in New York City, the greatest city in the world.

I jumped out of the car before the crash and was dangling on a tree for my life as my hands were getting filled with splinters of tree bark.

Daddy died at the hospital due to his injuries at impact.

Mommy flew out along with her door and both landed afloat in the East River.

She was unconscious, but still breathing.

Then she had cardiac arrest hours later at the hospital.

After that she died.

Over at the FDR Drive, I was clinging on for my life on a tree branch until some help came. I was in the koala position then my feet slipped off the branch and I started swinging. I wrapped my arms tightly around the tree branch as I was doing bicycles with my legs to stay in balance. I was slipping.

There was firefighters trying to get me down with a ladder but I told them I'm so scared that I'm too petrified that I can't walk or see straight.

About five of them create a circle. The center is a cushion I can bounce onto.

I take my time.

Inside my head, I count to ten. Then let go of the branch.

As I fall, I cross my arms on my chest.

I land on the cushion and bounce on it a little.

A firefighter helps me get up from the cushion then wraps a blanket around me.

All I do is shake. I am petrified scarred for life and I don't know why I feel so cold when it's only about 71 degrees outside.

I turn around and look at the tree I used to cling onto my life.

Never shall I ever forget that tree which saved my life.

Never.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I get put on the ambulance to be transferred to the hospital for observation.

Throughout the ride to the hospital, nurses had to hold me down on the gurney so they can get all of my splinters out.

It was very painful.

It was only an hour since I've been admitted into the hospital when I was told I am stable enough to walk again.

I was so petrified before going into the ambulance that I could not balance on my two feet.

After all of my splinters were taken out, the doctors told me calmly and personally that my father wasn't going to make it through with the injuries he has.

It was time for me to say goodbye to my father.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I rush to the side of my father's hospital bed as soon as I heard the news.

"Dad." I say as I get down on my knees beside my father.

"You should leave." My father says. "I don't want you to remember me like this."

"I don't care." I say. "You are still my father."

"The doctors told you, didn't they?" My father asks me.

I grab my father's hand and nod.

"Then I guess you will know everything about me really soon." My father said.