Chapter Nine ⋆ ★

I wanted to make this longer but I just wrote this and I have to go to bed now so enjoyyyyyyy!! It's approx 1k words so longer than the last!!

Aurelia

___________________________

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Oh my gods!" Squeals Enea, covering her mouth in surprise when she sees my wedding dress. "It's delectable!"

"It was probably made by someone on opioids." I sniff, pulling at the lacey sleeves. Little pearl bobbles have been sewn into the seams, and Lolli-N slaps my hand away before I can tug one off.

"Don't touch." She snaps, taking me by the arm "and stop dawdling. The ceremony starts in five minutes."

"This is too soon! I'm not mentally prepared! Wait!"

She ignores my pleas, drags me down the hall as Enea follows close behind, laughing and taking pictures with her phone.

Once we're in the elevator taking us to the main floor, Enea shoves the camera in my face. At first, I think she's trying to take a selfie – until I see the livestream chat in the corner.

"Hashtag, my sister's marrying a dude older than all of your grandpas!" She chuckles and pops her head in the corner screen to stick her tongue out.

"For fuck's sake!" I wail, "have some mercy!"

"The captain is likely older than your great grandpas as well." Lolli-N interrupts, and grabs Enea's phone straight out of her hand. "Oh, hello, what an odd setup. What are all these messages in the corner?"

"It's a livestream!" Enea tries to snatch it back, but Lolli-N is too quick for her.

"'Have you all seen pics of Illlion? I'd smash him too.'" Lolli-N raises her eyebrows and looks back at us with a confused expression. Then can't help herself and starts to read out more of the comments:

"'He's a 10 but he's an escaped asylum patient 😭.'"

"'He's a 10 but he dresses like a 10-year-old 💀."

"'LMFAOOASDIASOJSD.'"

"'Her dress is giving fruit loops vibes."

"'FRUIT LOPS FOR LYFE.'"

"Yo where Illion at????????'"

"'Slayy queen!!! 😘 🤩 ✨ 💅 💅 💅'"

"'She ate and left no crumbs 🤪."

"'He's a 100 but he is literally 100 years old 💀 💀 💀 💀."

"'ASDHASDADSJAJSDHASJDKAS.'"

"'Bro why is the robot looking staring into the camera like that."

"'Is the metal lady okay?'"

"'Is that Marillion's butler?????'"

At seeing the last comment, Lolli-N's face melts from laughter into fury, "I am not a butler!"

She throws the phone back to Enea, glaring at us, "turn off the video."

Enea pretends to and puts the phone away – but I can see the livestream is still on, and the camera peeking out of her handbag. Great.

The elevator bell dings just as the tension can't get any worse, and the door slide open to an expansive hall.

A wave of overly excited music hits me, and the flashing lights blind us for a moment before the shock settles.