10

Two Months Later

2 months. 60 days. 8 weeks. 80,640 minutes.

I could barely remember what I had done these past two months. I've felt the days pass in blurs of air and anger. I had been swept away from the games and held here in Snow's stupid mansion for two months. I was not allowed to see my brother.

Save to say I am very, very, angry.

The lavish living was something I could still never get used to, even after being in this mansion for two months, by President Snow's orders. The lavish surroundings were a stark contrast to the brutal arena and District 12 I grew to get used to. What I had to fight my way out of. Yet, despite the grandeur, there was an undercurrent of unease that lingered. The two months were blurry, only the mere thoughts of countless interviews and appearances being the only memories that came to mind. But I had no time to dwell and stupid thoughts because I had received the worst news any girl my age could receive.

Well, within the circumstances.

In three days, she would be thrust into the public eye, a symbol of Capitol triumph and District subjugation. The weight of the expectations pressed heavily on her shoulders.

It was bullshit if you asked her.

She had to embark on a tour around the 12 districts and flaunt how she had killed children and won. It was sickening.

But I had worse things to concentrate on, as I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a knock on my door. "Come in!" My voice was horse still, hadn't fully recovered from screaming in the games, even with the teas the capital workers had given me to drink at dinner every day. Looking back in the mirror, I brushed my hair gently, as I saw President Snow walk into the room, making me sit straighter and more tense, but not stopping my hair routine. As he walked over, the room door closed, and a small lock was heard.

Great, now I'm stuck with an old ass man who locked the door.

Putting my hairbrush down, I began to weave a small braid in my hair, as Snow stood next to me and looked through the mirror. "I've always wondered just how quickly you can do that to your hair." I simply hummed and tied off the one I was doing grabbed a few more strands of hair and began braiding them. "It's pretty simple, it isn't that hard to learn President Snow," I said lowly, a small fake smile on my face.

Everything is a game for him. Remember that.

He simply hummed in aggreence and grabbed a silky ribbon in red, from the collection of ribbons I had next to the mirror in a clear box. His hand gently began to move to my head, making me freeze in slight fear, but masking it in confusion. "I've always liked white. But you look better in red, isn't that right Miss Rosemary?" He suddenly tightened the silk ribbon harshly when he finished speaking, making me slightly wince, and letting out a small nervous laugh. "Well, I think I look good in any color you say, President Snow. But I think we should work on the technique of making the bow sir, I don't think your granddaughter would like it if she saw you made one side bigger than the other. She would call it blasphemy, wouldn't she?"

There was a hint of irony and disgust under my nice tone, as I stared into the mirror at Snow, who simply had a smile on his face. "You have an outing with Odair today, I have sent the stylists to fetch your dress for this outing. You will do well in making his friendship Aurora, he is one of my other favorite tributes. Maybe he could show you what future job you may have after the tour?" He suddenly had a wide grin on his face, too happy to be real. Without acknowledging if I would respond back, he walked to the room door unlocked it, and opened the door. Looking back at me, he simply nodded his head, "Good day Miss Rosemary." With that, he stepped out and the door shut behind him, making me slump back and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.