8

Chapter Warning!!: Talk about murder, foul language, b!ood, Snow!!!

Day 1: The games begin today.

I felt the stupid glares of all the districts, as I walked towards my room chamber, where I would be sent up in a tube inside the arena. I was walking alone in my tight black running jumpsuit, as I arrived at my room. Opening the door, I saw Cinna waiting by the chamber for me, as guards stood around the room to ensure I didn't try and escape.

What losers think I would run from my impending murder?

​​Tension hung in the air, and the reality of what lay ahead weighed on me. I could feel the nervous energy all around me as Cinna approached me. As the guards announced that I had three minutes before being transported to the arena, Cinna approached me with a calm and reassuring smile. He handed me a delicate white bow to place in my braid, which complemented my outfit and added a touch of elegance to my appearance. I silently and carefully secured it in my hair.

Cinna only nodded and placed a hand on my neck, fixing my butterfly and ring necklace, a token of my brother's love and protection, and my one token from home. I felt my breathing slow, my eyes closed shut, and fear creeping in for the first time since I had arrived in the capital. "You look perfect, Aurora. Now remember, the audience loves a good story. Stay true to yourself, and let your actions tell your story in the arena. Make them root for you." I opened my eyes, seeing Cinna place his hand on my cheek in a comforting way, as he placed a kiss on my forehead. "Win for us, show him how he underestimated your power. He's always watching." I let my smile drop at the thought of Snow, and then slowly walked over to the tube. Stepping inside, I gently smiled at Cinna, as the tube closed and my tube began to move up.

Closing my eyes, I breathed in and out, as I could feel myself leave the closed tube and feel a hot sun on my face. Opening my eyes, I quickly looked at the arena and everyone else on their platforms. A large meadow lay in front of us, grass being the only thing in my eyesight. Hearing the countdown begin, I quickly spotted all the careers pointing at the other districts, motioning they were going to be first. Looking next to me, I could see Clay glaring at me, as I looked away with fear, my act beginning now. Spotting a tree line ahead of me, I look over my shoulder to see a downward hill with a small stream and many trees in the distance. Ahead of me was the cornucopia full of food, weapons, and backpacks filled with things to help us survive.

Ten. Nine. Eight.

The bloodbath would start in the cornucopia but I had to get a small knife and bag at least. Nobody would think I would head straight into the bloodbath. It was a stupid and crazy decision.

But I was a psycho from now on, and everyone would see. I won't die. Not today.

Five.

My adrenaline began pumping, my heart beginning to speed up, as I set my eyes on a bag with a pack of throwing knives hanging on it.

Three.

Looking over at Clay again, I sent him a smirk, my innocent face dropping, making him scowl and roll his eyes. He underestimates me. Good.

Two. One.

A large bang rang and suddenly everyone was running and screaming. I felt my body run full speed to the bag, as I heard many grab weapons and screams and bones breaking around me. I felt myself blackout, as I grabbed the bag, only to feel a spear flash past me. Whipping around, I noticed a career running straight to me, some blonde bimbo-looking girl. "You're mine 12!" She screamed, making me roll my eyes, as I grabbed from behind my back a knife and swiftly threw my knife at her throat. Hitting her dead straight, the girl choked and fell, as she let out a silent scream. Rolling my eyes, I walked over to her, as she had blood pouring out of her throat. "Pity, you had pretty hair." With my smirk, I yanked out the knife and saw the girl's eyes grow lifeless, as I heard everyone slow to a stop around me. I felt a splatter of her blood hit my face, making me laugh menacingly, as I shot up and looked at the remaining careers, which were three, Clay stared at me in shock, as everyone else had fled.

"Happy Hunger Games, may the odds be ever in your favor," I slowly cleaned my knife with my sleeve, and they all stared, as the canons went off. 12 times. Half remained. Giggling at the shocked faces and their frozen statues of themselves, I quickly ran the opposite way and went down the hill to the stream and to the trees.

I could already hear Snow laughing in his chair in his grand home, as he watched my blood-stained face.