4

The capital. A city full of tall buildings and rich people who liked to watch children murder each other.

Aurora felt as if the Capital was far worse in person than she had thought originally. The train had finally arrived in the Capital, and just from her window in her room of the buildings they were passing, she was already disappointed in the way the city had too many tall buildings, and big billboards advertising beauty products that turned your skin green or purple, or new eye colors you could get.

It was repulsing to Aurora how they thought that was artistic or anything.

She had been awake since 6:00 AM, and it now read on the small clock on her nightstand 9:30 AM. An avox was bound to walk into her room to come and collect her, to the at breakfast before arriving at the capital at 10:00 AM. And as she predicted, her door to her room opened, and the same avox from last night walked inside, with a garment bag with clothes in her hand.

I only smiled at the poor woman, as she hesitantly put the garment bag to hang on the dresser door, before opening it to take out the white dress with small butterflies on the hem. She took out a pair of grey mining boots for the dress, along with a white bow with butterflies on the ends of the bow. "Thank you, you can go now back outside." I was sweet enough, but the avox still practically ran out of the room, probably still scared of me after I threw the knife to the plate of fruit she had been being for dinner.

Once she left, I got up from my bed and went inside the bathroom and brushed my hair and brushed my teeth, not putting on any makeup, as I didn't know how to use it, nor did I want to.

Stepping out of the bathroom, I took the sweatshirt and pants off and put on the white dress, zipping it up on the side. I kept my socks on from the night before and put on the boots, before grabbing the lacy bow. Walking to the bathroom for the mirror, I grabbed a few strands of hair, leaving half of it down, and clipped the hair with the bow. My mother's necklace lay on my neck with the ring and butterfly, as I brought my hand up to touch it. Looking at myself in the mirror once more, satisfied and happy with how I looked, then headed out of my room and down the corridor to the dining room.

Once I made it to the dining room, everyone had started eating breakfast already, as I walked over and sat next to Clay again like last night. As we all just ate breakfast slowly, we made no move to make conversation. I wasn't complaining, I was able to look at all the new foods that I was eating and mentally prepare myself for when the train would stop at the capital station at the tribute center.

Breakfast was boring really, and suddenly the train was coming to a slow stop, as the silence suddenly was broken by screams of capital men and women outside the training cheering and waiting for us to get down from the train. Standing up from the table, I walked over to the window, and everyone watched my every step until I stood by the window, and I began to smile and wave at the capital people. Their screams got louder and they began chanting my name, making me laugh at how ridiculous they were.

Looking back at Clay, I motioned him to come to the window, "Come and wave with my Clay, our little act starts now. The games already began." Haymitch nodded to Clay, who was waiting for his approval, in which Clay then stood and walked up to me by the window. As Clay stood next to me, he put an arm around my shoulders, and we both stood with smiles and waved at the capital people outside. The screams got louder and our names were chanted, along with our district number.

The train slowly came to a stop, as a wall separated the train window and us. I let my smile drop slightly, as Clay removed his arm around me as quickly as he put it there. His face held a frown again. Effie was now standing, with her smiling face and a pep in her step. "It's time for you both to be introduced now, so come on, the doors are opening any moment now." She came and grabbed Clay's arm and began to drag him out of the room, Flame, and Aqua following them. Leaving me and Haymitch alone, I sighed and walked over to him, as he brought his arm out. Linking my arm around his, we walked down the hall and to the now open doors to the train, where the others had already stepped off, the crowd screaming and chanting Clay's name.