3

Everyone simply didn't speak for the rest of dinner, after I threw a knife into a fruit into the wall. They had all been eating in fear I would do something else, which made me roll my eyes every time I saw Flame or Aqua flinch when I went to grab something onto my plate. Idiots really.

"So, Haymitch are you going to give us any tips for the next two weeks? Or are you still saying we are going to die?" I asked, making everyone look over at me, as I had my arms crossed over my chest, the innocent girl act being dropped. Haymitch grabbed a bottle of whiskey and poured it into a cup, before he started sipping on it. "The lineup this year for tributes is going to be one of the deadliest the games has ever had," he responded, as he picked his glass up and stood up, walking to a sofa and tv on the other side of the room. I followed after him, Clay hesitantly walking behind me also. The other three stayed behind, not wanting to come near me, as they began to gossip to themselves about the games.

Haymitch sat on the couch and turned the tv on, as Caesar Flickman was broadcasting on the screen. "Now you don't want to die in two weeks? That," he points at the tv, "is who you have to get to love you." Clay and I both turned to look at the tv, where Caesar was giving a recap of the reaping's.

"Now ladies and gentleman the lineup for this year's 67th Hunger Games is said to be one of the deadliest. This is the first games where most tributes are older, not a lot of younger ones am I right?" Ceaser was laughing, as the audience on the show was laughing as well. "Today, we saw the last two tributes be reaped, District 12. Now these two were an interesting pair, Clay Sandstone and Aurora Rosemary. Us here at the capital haven't been able to stop watching the reaping. Let's look at the tributes."

Both Clay and I's faces were suddenly put in the tv, when we both walked on stage and shook hands. I could feel Clay let out a sigh, as I felt as if I could barely breathe. "Clay Sandstone, 18 years old, is a promising tribute I'll say. He could look like a career tribute perhaps? Wouldn't you all live that?!" The tv burst with cheers from the audience, as Ceaser laughed and clapped his hands. Haymitch grunted and nodded to Clay in approval.

Men.

A picture of my smiling face standing on the stage was suddenly plastered on the screen, making me wince at how happy it seemed. "Now this is Aurora Rosemary, 14 years old. This little girl has stolen all of Panem's heart already. Just look at her cute dress and smile, oh I love her already!" I relaxed at those words, as my innocent act was paying off well in the capital it seemed. "Now will she survive the games, who knows! But I just can't wait to see her in the capital with the other tributes, I mean, who wouldn't love her innocent smile!"

Haymitch turned the tv off after that, leaving us three in silence, only the chatter of the other three at the dinning table being heard. Clay was the first to speak up, "I can do well with snares, knives and hand to hand. I worked in the cut helping people cut down trees for the winter." Haymitch held his cup of whiskey, as he brought a hand up to his mouth, wiping it. "How about you sunshine and rainbows, you got any other hidden talents I should know about other than throwing knives at people?" Haymitch was saying this in a joking matter, but I knew I had to say what I could do, in order to get him to sober up and actually help Clay and I.

Crossing my legs up onto the sofa, I only smiled, looking at at Clay and then back at Haymitch. "My brother owns the butchery shop in the center of town. He taught me how to use knives, how to hunt, hand to hand, and I can use a bow and arrow if I need to, but it's not my strength. But I prefer to just smile and act cute." Clay let out a small snort, which turned into me looking at him with a glare. "There's no way you can do all of that, you're 14 Aurora. Not to mention everyone knows you spend all your time at the orphanage with the little kids, hell, you wear stupid bows in your hair and run around the District without shoes."

I simply rolled my eyes, and looked at Haymitch, who had a eyebrow raised at the two of us. "I believe Goldilocks here. I've see that need for hope in her," he mumbled something afterwards but I couldn't quite catch what. But I still smiled at his words, poking my tongue out at Clay, who was slowly looking more comfortable and relaxed around me after the dinner table incident. "Now you both can use these things to your advantage, but under no circumstances do you show any of your strengths in the training area, once we get there tomorrow. You do that, and you put a target on your back."

Haymitch actually made a lot of sense with that, making me nod my head, as I began to calculate how to make alliances and who would be my enemies. "Now when we get to the capital tomorrow, you have the opening ceremony, which has the Tributes Parade. Now that I know what you can do, I need to know what story you plan on giving the Capital. Remember, sponsors are what help you in the arena, not you."

I sat there, looking at Clay, who looked at me. "I think we can play the over protective brother sister relationship with the capital." Clay's words caught me off guard, but in a good way. He could be smart, noted. "That could be a good way to go Clay, and I assume, that you Aurora, will want to play the innocent and weak girl who smiles and loves everyone correct?" Clay asks, making me nod my head, as Haymitch nodded his head and placed his empty glass down on the small table in front of us. "That can work, but everyone's eyes will be on the two of you. The career pack will be watch your every move Clay, as the capital believes you can be Career worthy material. And Aurora, well, you have nothing to fear. As long as you keep the act up around everyone and score low at the individual assessments, you will be fine."

I nodded, and Haymitch then made us watch all the reaping ceremonies, showing us every tribute and which ones were expected to be ruthless.

Safe to say, by the late night, Haymitch was more sober and focused, and Clay and Aurora were traumatized by their tributes.