'brothers'

(warning: it's not really +18 but it might be a little spicy)

"a 'biological younger brother' he said" 

yechan mumbled in annoyance as he spun around in his office chair aimlessly 

yechan had been pretty out of the mood lately- and by out of the mood, it means he had been acting more like a teenager who didn't know how to deal with his feelings.

and the person who made this happen was none other than his favorite hyung himself, kim jaehan.

he had been ignoring his hyung for over a week now.

to understand what actually happened, let us rewind to the day jaehan and yechan attended the interview for the 'deling magazine'

"yechan is more like a biological younger brother"

yechan tried his hardest to not react to whatever his hyung just said as he simply kept a straight face while nodding a little.

jaehan followed it with saying that yechan liked to joke around and that he had to remind him that he was his hyung, which was completely true.

yechan smiled a little trying to cover up his emotions as he looked at jaehan before looking at the staff to bring out the next question.

while the rest of the interview went smoothly, yechan couldn't help but rewind that specific sentence in his head that his hyung said so casually. the more he thought about it, the more his chest felt heavy and he felt a wave of sadness and annoyance.

yechan knew what these feelings were 

"yechan-ah, you okay?" jaehan asked while getting into their car after finishing up all of their work for today

"ne hyung" yechan simply said as he looked out of the car window 

jaehan gave him a worried look "are you sure? you seem off-"

"i'm just tired hyung, let me be" yechan said with a sigh as he kept his eyes on the window

jaehan simply nodded as he leaned back into his seat as he glanced at yechan for the last time before closing his eyes and falling asleep almost immediately.

the ride home was silent, with yechan being gloomy and jaehan asleep.

and soon after they reached home, they immediately went to their respective rooms and fell asleep.

but little did jaehan know that yechan was going to start avoiding him from the next day.

X

"yechan-ah" jaehan called out with a smile as he stopped his maknae across their practice room

yechan turned around to see jaehan coming over to his side as he looked away, still feeling bitter about the interview

"do you want to go get ice cream?" jaehan asked 

"no, go with someone else" yechan said as he refused to make eye contact

jaehan was slightly taken back by yechan's refusal since yechan never refused his offer to get ice cream, especially since yechan loved getting free ice creams from his hyung.

"you sure?" jaehan asked sounding a little uncertain as he looked at him with a confused expression

"yeah"

"okay" jaehan mumbled awkwardly as he then watched the maknae immediately leave his side and join sebin