Storm and Silence

So this was a story I said I wouldn't read. Why? Because when I saw sixty eight chapters and counting, I immediately felt it was too long and probably drawn out. The thought actually occurred to me that I might get tired of the characters and probably just stop reading. But now, I actually wished the book had at least  one hundred chapters, because that was just fantastic. This is the kind of book that made me( the girl whose only pastime is reading and watching pll), just want to stop reading and admire this beautifully constructed artwork.

I don't laugh often when I read a book. Yet, in Storm and Silence I couldn't keep myself from laughing. I think the main characters were skilfully constructed.  First off, I was not annoyed by the main character. Yes, she had her embarrassing moments but there were times she redeemed herself. Her love interest was very intriguing and surprised me a bit. I must say though the tone with which this piece was written was exceptional.

As a historical fiction, it made me realise something important that other historical fictions couldn't make me see. This was a period where women were not seen to be equal as men. Never had I met a story where there was a character who challenged that. This simple fact would make me choose this story over all the other historical fictions.

The first chapter I must say is a bang. Read it.

Rating epic

http://www.wattpad.com/story/14239335-storm-and-silence