5. Invitations and Salutations

You were sitting at the base of a colorful tree outside of Home. Unlike usual, the neighbors didn't walk by. You didn't bat an eye at it though, it was nice to see something out of the ordinary. Or in this case, to not see something.

At some point though, the jolly voice of the local mailman shook you out of your alleviation, "Mail call! Oh, hey, y/n. I ain't disturbin' you, am I?"

"No, actually I think it's better that I don't waste my day sitting here." You stood up, "Mail for Wally?"

"And you too!" He placed two similar envelopes in the red mail box on the opposite end of Home's porch. "I'll see ya' later, I hear Sally's directing another play."

"Is that so?" You mumbled in response, carefully tearing open the letter. It went something like this:

𝒮𝒶𝓁𝓊𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈, 𝓎/𝓃!

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒𝒷𝓎 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝓊𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓇𝑒𝓇𝓊𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎, 𝒥𝓊𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓁𝓁𝒶! 𝒥𝑜𝒾𝓃 𝓊𝓈 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒 𝑜' 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝒸𝓀 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅 𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎. 𝐼 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒; 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒻𝑒𝒸𝓉 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊!

- 𝒮𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎

Invited to audition? Didn't they usually do posters or something? And if she already had a part for you, why were you auditioning? You shook your head. This was Welcome Home, everything was done differently.

"Turns out, I might be in the play, Eddie!"

"Well, you better get goin' then, good luck!" You waved goodbye to him and raced back Home to check the clock.

Except, there wasn't one. You'd never realized. Always under the assumption that Wally had an alarm clock on his side table, you never questioned it. Alright then, you headed to Wally's room. And there wasn't a single clock in sight. You could've sworn he had a bright red one! Maybe it was just some weird Mandela effect thing, you probably just likened his room to an average bedroom and made it all up. All that was on his side table was the lamp and his rotary phone, and that's basically all he could fit there.

You shrugged it off and left for Sally's house. If you couldn't figure out what time it was, you might as well just go straight to her. On your way out, Home had surprisingly not tried to trip you. Maybe Wally talked some sense into the dang house.

Oh how right you didn't know you were.

Knocking on the door, the star herself opened it, beamed, and pulled you right in. "Right on time, y/n!"

The two of you entered the uncannily large theater, but you shrugged it off. Another panic attack was not a good idea.

Much to your chagrin, all the neighbors were already there. You despised being late and making others wait, but everyone just grinned at your appearance. Wally slyly motioned for you to sit next to him, and you did just that. Not that you had much else of a choice though, all of them were sitting side to side in the front row. There was only one seat left next to Wally.