𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝

john b and dove were lying on the hammock together, swinging back and forth ever so slightly.

"bird." dove spoke up.

"what." john b said, shortly.

dove frowned. "are you mad at me?"

john b shrugged. "why would i be mad at you?"

"john b."

"what, dove?"

"i know you're upset about joey. and i know you're upset that i spent the night there. and i know you're upset i didn't say you're my husband, but it was awkward and i didn't know what to say. also, i didn't really have anywhere else to go so when he offered, i said yes." dove explained.

"fine. whatever. just don't tell me you two slept in the same bed." john b replied.

dove's mouth snapped closed.

"oh my god." john b whispered and stood up.

"i'm sorry, i didn't want to be alone!" dove exclaimed and sat up. "you weren't there! what was i supposed to do? i didn't do anything else with him, but sleep beside him! you cannot get mad at me for that."

"just because i wasn't there doesn't mean you can sleep in the same bed with another guy!" john b yelled.

"it's not my fault that you made me come back here by myself! i wanted to be with you, but no, you made me leave you!" dove shouted.

"really? you wanted me to come back here and risk my life?" john b raised my eyebrows.

"no, john b, i wanted to stay with you!" dove screamed. "but you're here now, risking yourself, aren't you? so what was the point?"

"the point was to protect you! and then i realized that i needed to come home to be with you! because i didn't want to leave you alone anymore!" john b yelled.

"well guess what? you already did leave me alone." dove replied.

"how the hell do you think i felt all alone, trying to escape the police without you there, huh?" john b raised his eyebrows.

"that was your choice john b, not mine." dove shook her head.

"then you should've fought me." he said.

"i tried to! you wouldn't let me!" dove shouted back.

"you know what? whatever. i don't need this." he shook his head.

he then turned around and started walking away.

"good, i don't need this either, john b. walk away like you always do." she called.

he paused in stood there for a moment before walking away.

"yo, who's ready to party in the cat's ass in a little bit!" jj cheered as he walked onto the porch.

john b pushed past him and went inside, slamming the screen door shit.

"okay, well he's pissed. what about you, dove? ready to get trashed?" jj asked with a smirk on his face.

"shut up, jj."

she then lied back down on the hammock.

"wow. who got your panties in a twist?" he raised his eyebrows.

she gave him the finger, then began rocking herself back and forth.

🕊️

about twenty minutes later, joey walked out of the chateau.

"hey, dove. it's getting dark, so we're gonna start chilling soon." joey informed.