𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

dove stood at the front of her old house house, just staring at it. she heard music blaring from inside, but ignored it.

after a minute of staring at the house, she walked up to it and knocked on the door.

after fifteen seconds, dove knocked again because there was no answer. when there was yet again no answer, dove opened the door and unsurprisingly, it was unlocked, so she entered.

when she got inside, she saw her mom snorting coke with some long-haired guy whose black hair was in a bun with strands falling out.

there were a few other people there doing their own thing.

"mom?"

she finished her line and looked up.

"pickle! you came back!" she exclaimed and stood up. "see, i knew john b couldn't keep ya away from me!"

"why are you doing coke?" dove asked, ignoring her comment.

"oh, i'm only doin' it this once. i ain't gettin' addicted again, i promise. come on, come sit." mary answered and grabbed dove's hands.

mary led her to the the couch and sat her down, then sat between dove and the man.

"yo, shorty. i'm barry. what's goin' on." barry smirked.

"um. nothing." she replied.

"you want a bump? as long as it's okay with mommy." barry offered, his smirk still present.

"um..."

"of course it's okay! join the fun, pickle!" mary smiled brightly.

dove sighed. she didn't want to, but she felt like she had to so she said, "okay."

"yeahhhh." barry nodded.

mary then put out a line for dove then handed her a dollar.

dove was hesitant, but then snorted it.

she sat up and sneezed a couple of times earning a laugh from barry, her mother, and a couple of others in the room.

she sniffed and turned beat red.

"have another, darlin'." mary said.

before mary could agree, the door opened to reveal jj's father luke.

dove swallowed and looked away.

"mary, girl! what's going on?" luke slurred and walked over to mary.

"hi." mary smiled and stood up.

he pulled her in for a kiss and dove immediately felt sick to her stomach.

"b-barry, can i do another line?"

"of course, baby girl."

that made dove even more sick.

she quickly did the line and sniffed, not sneezing this time.

when she looked up, her mother and luke were gone and rafe cameron was standing in the room. dove felt like she was having a heart attack.

why we're all these people she knew here? why was her mom dating luke maybank? why was rafe cameron at this "coke house?"

"country cluuuuub." barry cheered.

he dapped barry up. "sup, barry."

rafe then spotted dove and his eyes went wide.

"dove?"

"hi, rafe." she muttered.

"so you're a coke head now?" he raised his eyebrows.