𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐣𝐨𝐡𝐧

𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗

dove and the rest of the pogues were now in tenth grade.

john b got his license early while the rest of them were close to getting their licenses.

while dove was throwing her blonde hair up into a bun, she heard a truck horn outside. she could recognize that horn anywhere. it was john b in the twinkie, his van.

she was wondering why he was there. they were supposed to meet at the chateau.

dove went downstairs and opened the sliding glass door then stepped out onto the porch.

john b was standing on the grass, looking up at her.

"bird? i thought we were meeting at the chateau?" dove questioned.

"my dad has gone crazy!" john b exclaimed.

"um, okay." she furrowed her eyebrows and left the porch so she could go over to him.

"he's so treasure obsessed that he wants to sell my twinkie so that he can continue on his stupid treasure hunt that he's probably not gonna find. he cares more about this treasure than me. he sucks!" john b yelled.

"okay, okay."

dove went over to him and grabbed his hands.

"relax, bird. we're not gonna let him sell the twinkie. the twinkie is like your baby. we're not selling it. and what you said isn't true. he cares about you, bird." dove assured.

john b shook his head. "no. he's a terrible father. he'd choose the royal merchant treasure over me any day."

"john b, he would not."

"he would, dove! you don't see what i see! you don't know how crazy and obsessive he is!" john b yelled.

"okay, fine. you're right. i don't know. but i think you're one of the reasons he's trying to find this treasure. to give you a better life." dove replied.

"i don't care."

dove sighed. "okay. um...why don't we go inside and just chill. we can take your mind of off your dad."

"oh no, i couldn't. i wouldn't want my pogue self to ruin this beautiful kook home!" john b joked.

"haha you're so funny." dove rolled her eyes. "the glissons like you, jb. and i'm a pogue too. if they didn't want us 'dirty pogues' around they wouldn't have taken me in."

john b smiled. "just messing with ya, birdie. come on, let's go in."

he grabbed her hand and she led him inside and up to her room.

the two were just hanging out and talking, nothing serious.

john stretched and lied down. dove lied down next to him and put her head on his chest.

"someday we should just hop in the twinkie and drive away. just me and you." she spoke up.

"where would we go?" john b asked.

"wherever our hearts desire." dove answered.

"we could go to yucatan." john b replied.

"yeah, but then jj would want to come and this is just an us thing." she reminded him.

"okay fine. what about we go snowboarding somewhere. it never snows here." john b suggested.

"that sounds cool. we could also go to disney world. i've always wanted to go to disney world. be a princess. i've never felt like a princess." she whispered.

"because you're not. you're a beautiful bird." john b whispered back.

she smiled and looked up at him. he leaned down and their faces were inches apart. john b's lips grazed dove's, but he pulled his head away and dove sat up.

"um..."

john b cleared his throat.

"you know what, i have an idea."

"what's your idea?"

"let's make bracelets. friendship bracelets." she suggested.

john b shrugged. "sure."

dove got up and got her bracelet making kit and they started.

dove made a purple one that said birdie whole john b made a blue one that said bird.

they put their bracelets on and held their hands up.

"if you're birdie, i'm bird."

dove looked over at him.

"if you're bird, i'm birdie."

they smiled at each other, then looked back at their bracelets.

🕊️

𝐣𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎

the pogues were standing in front of a missing poster sign for big john.

after him and john b's fight, he left and hasn't been back since.

"where do you think he could've gone, jb?" jj asked.

"i don't know." john b shook his head. "but i think it has to do with the royal merchant."

"he'll probably be back soon, john b. let's go do something fun to take your mind off of it." kiara suggested.

john b just nodded. "yeah."

"cool. come on."

kiara started to walk away with jj and pope following her while dove lingered behind with john b while he continued to stare at the missing persons poster.

"bird."

"hm."

"he's going to come back. i know it." she said.

"i think so too, but people are starting to lose hope." he replied.

she grabbed his hand. "well we won't. come on, let's go fuck around and shit."

"surfing?" john b raised his eyebrows.

dove nodded. "surfing."

"cool. let's go tell the others."

they then followed the others, hand-in-hand.

AUTHORS NOTE
i'm in love with these two.

okay question time:
1) jj or rafe? (there's only one right answer)
2) sarah or kiara?

muah,
lea <3