𝐣𝐨𝐞𝐲 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐳

and finally, the pogues back in the outer banks.

kiara got the girls some watermelon and they sat around eating it, just having some girl time.

"okay, so you really got married?" kie asked after dove explained everything to them.

"my question is why did john b leave you?" sarah questioned.

dove sighed. "i don't know truly why, but i'm trying to trust him. i mean, i always have, but i'm losing hope."

"true, but dove, he's john b. i refuse to believe that kid can die." kie replied.

sarah chuckled and dove snorted.

"yeah." dove shrugged. "god i missed you guys."

"we missed you more, beautiful girl." sarah replied and twirled a strand of hair, behind dove's ear.

dove half-smiled and ate some watermelon.

she was still worried about her bird. she couldn't imagine losing him, but she felt like he was already gone.

"so i wanna know about the marriage thing now." kie spoke up.

sarah giggled and dove let out a laugh through her nose.

"well, john b and i were in the church, before rafe burned it down of coruse, and we figured hey were in a church and hey we've been in love since we were children so why not. so we made these bracelets out of his dad's shroud."

she held up her hand and showed them.

"and then sarah and topper came and everything got worse from there..." she muttered.

they were all silent.

"well, cheers to birds of a feather." kie said.

"together forever." sarah added.

"yeah." dove murmured.

they then ate some more watermelon.

dove couldn't understand why the girls weren't more upset about john b not being there with them. maybe it was because they were happy dove was home and maybe because they were holding on to hope, but dove couldn't stop thinking about it.

"this watermelon was delicious and i'm so happy i could eat, but now i feel like i need to take a shower and get some new clothes." dove sighed.

"well i have a shower." kie replied.

"and some extra clothes." sarah added.

"but what about your parents?" dove looked at kie, furrowing her eyebrows.

"at the wreck." she answered.

"to the carrera's it is then." dove decided.

the girls got up and went to find the boys.

"hey, we're going to mine to get dove showered and changed." kiara said when they found them on the boat.

the boys jumped and turned around.

"whoa, jumpy much?" sarah raised her eyebrows.

"no. no, not jumpy. nope." pope shook his head.

"right." dove nodded.

"wait, can i join?" jj smirked.

"i'm actually married, so i'm afraid not." dove shook her head.

"married?" the boys echoed.

"it's another story for another time." dove said.

"okay. well i guess it's time for us to go home then." pope sighed. "can't wait to get murdered by heyward for leaving the truck in charlestown."