Chapter 48

"They're afraid of you being able to fully master your powers. If you all did that, you could be powerful enough to bring not only this world, but every other world to its knees." Joel says.

Absolute silence. The boys can't believe what they just heard.

"What?" Minho says. "We're that powerful?"

"When you're all together and your powers are at their peek, yes, could easily do that and more." Joel says. "Even if Mr. Bang could've had his way, there's no way he could've known the full extent of your powers. And now, he never will."

"Is that why he had all those homeless people kidnapped?" Chan asked.

"Yes." said Joel. "He thought anyone could have powers, so he decided to focus on people who he felt no one would miss if they, disappeared. He had his men beat up the homeless in hopes that the stress would eventually unlock the power in at least one of them. When no none of them had powers, your dad had them executed. Thankfully Wooyoung and San never did any of the killings. They would however, give the order whenever your father wanted. This still haunts them both."

Chan's eyes welled up with tears as we was overwhelmed with all the horrible acts committed by his father. "Oh Channie." Changbin says as he puts his arms around Chan, trying to comfort his boyfriend.

"I still can't believe he was capable of such things." Chan said. "Why all the torture? What's the point in causing all that suffering?"

"To awaken their power." Joel says. "Only under a great deal of stress, pain or suffering does this happen."

"If that's the case," Changbin said. "Why didn't Hyunjin's power awaken? I mean, Mr. Lee lied to Hyunjin and told him Felix died. That should've been more than enough to trigger something."

"Who said his powers didn't already awaken?" Joel says.

"What?!" says Hyunjin. "What are you saying?"

"You were the first one who's power awoke." Joel said. "Don't you remember that day?" When you attacked your father, it happened."

Hyunjin remembered that awful day, when he punched his father defending Jisung. That punch that sent his father flying back in the air. The rush of adrenaline and fear running through his veins.

"That wasn't just an adrenaline rush Hyunjin." said Joel. "That was your powers awakening."

Hyunjin looked at his hands like he did on that fateful day, his hands starting to tremble.

"You somehow managed to temporarily seal your power Hyunjin." Joel said. "It's still inside you. Don't fight it Hyunjin, embrace it. I can help you control your power." He looks at all the boys. "All of your powers."

"But Minnie and Channie don't have powers." says Felix.

"Oh they do." says Joel. "It just hasn't awakened yet." Chan and Seungmin try to process this information. "You both have been able to keep Changbin and Jeongin's powers under control. That proves not only that they're your soulmates, but that you have powers as well. That proves the 8 of you are soulmates with your respective boyfriends."

"We..." Chan says. "Also have powers?" Seungmin finishes for him.

"You do." says Joel. "It's a unique ability shared by soulmates, the ability to keep their respective partner's power in check. This is done to prevent them from losing control."

"Oh my God." says Minho, as he remembered something important.

"What is it Lino?" Felix asks.

"At the constitution site, you were losing control of your power." says Minho. "But then you looked at Hyunjin, and you calmed down. But he was...how is that even possible?"

"Hyunjin's soul was still there." says Joel. "That's how Felix was able to calm down, even though Hyunjin wasn't there to physically do it. This proves the deep bond the 2 of you share. A bond that can even surpass death."

Hyunjin holds Felix's hand. "While I was, dead, I could feel your pain." he says. "I tried looking for you, to hold you, comfort you, but I couldn't find you. My desire to be with you must've somehow reached out to you."

"I remember," Felix said. "I remember a warm energy running through me as I held your body in my arms. It calmed me down. It was you the whole the whole time, in spirit."

Tears start to run down their cheeks, but they manage to wipe them away before more fall.  "I love you Felix." says Hyunjin. "I love you Hyunjin." says Felix, as the 2 share a sweet kiss on the lips.

All of the boys looked at the lovely couple with happiness. It was such an intimate and tender moment that no one dared to crack a silly joke, like telling them to get a room or something of that nature.

All except for Chan, who was still going through something. "Joel," says Chan. "What business did my father have with Mr. Hwang?"

"He approached Mr. Hwang with the proposal of buying cars for homeless people." says Joel. "In an attempt to 'help' society."

"And he believed that?" Chan asks. "It doesn't make any sense."

"He actually used those cars to dispose of the ones he deemed as 'failures'." said Joel. "He would have men fill the cars with the bodies of the homeless people they kidnapped and would, incinerate the cars, causing them to explode, then say something like, the car was tampered with, or faulty wiring."

"But what about the money I found under my dad's bed?" Hyunjin asked.

"Eventually your dad found out the truth about what Bang was doing, so he decided to pay your dad a lot of money to keep quiet about it." said Joel. "What we call hush money."

"How could he agree to that?" Hyunjin asked. "I knew he was an asshole, but not to be complicit in murder!"

"Your father never liked homeless people." says Joel. "He saw this as some form of public service."

"That's sick." Jisung says with a look of disgust in his face. "I never knew he'd be capable of such evil."

"It seems like all of your fathers were cut from the same cloth." says Joel.

"You said these Sisters told my dad about the existence of superhumans," says Chan. "But they want us dead because they fear our powers. So why would they go thru all that trouble?"

"So they could have you all at once and kill you." says Joel. "Even with one of you dead could throw off the balance of your power. That's why you all need each other."

A/N Oh my God, 23K reads?! Thank you all so much for your continued love and support for my story, it means the world to me! See you next chapter!